No More Boat Ramp Fees At Frankston

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:52 pm

Media contact: Emma Webster 0428 171 119 | transportmedia@minstaff.vic.gov.au
Friday, 6 September 2019
NO MORE BOAT RAMP FEES AT FRANKSTON
Boat Ramp fees have been scrapped for boaters using Kananook Creek and Olivers Hill boat ramps in Frankston, giving Victorians even more reasons to celebrate the start of the boating and fishing season.
Minister for Fishing and Boating Jaala Pulford joined Member for Frankston Paul Edbrooke and representatives from Frankston City Council to announce that boaters will no longer have to pay fees at the council’s two public boat ramps.
Boaters are reminded that cars without trailers using Frankston boat ramps will continue to pay parking fees.
The Andrews Labor Government has now made almost all public boat ramps in Victoria fee free as part of its election commitment to make boating cheaper, easier and safer.
Queenscliff and Mordialloc are the only public boat ramps that continue to charge parking and launching fees and today the Minister called on the Borough of Queenscliffe and the City of Kingston to work with Government to remove fees as soon as possible.
Earlier this year, the Government announced $47.2 million to implement a raft of other recreational boating improvements, including upgrading six boats ramps and reviewing boating infrastructure management arrangements in Port Phillip and Western Port.
Better Boating Victoria is overseeing the delivery of the Government’s boating commitments and is working hard to remove parking and launching fees at all remaining publicly available boat ramps, which now just include Mordialloc and Queenscliff.
Quotes attributable to Fishing and Boating Minister Jaala Pulford
“Getting rid of parking and launching fees is a massive win for Victorian families, who can enjoy more affordable boating and fishing this season.”
“We want the Borough of Queenscliffe and the City of Kingston to join the party because we know boaters and anglers want to launch into a fee free spring.”
Quote attributable to Member for Frankston Paul Edbrooke
“By scrapping these fees, we’re ensuring more members of the Frankston community can get out on the water and wet a line.”
Quote attributable to Mayor of the City of Frankston Michael O'Reilly
“Council is pleased to have made this decision to support the removal of boat ramp parking fees in time for snapper season – which is always a very popular time at our local boat ramps.”

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: No More Boat Ramp Fees At Frankston

Post by 4liters » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:52 pm

It'd almost be worth getting some shitty old jetski trailer just so you can park at the ramp for free when roof topping the kayak
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:03 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:52 pm
It'd almost be worth getting some shitty old jetski trailer just so you can park at the ramp for free when roof topping the kayak
Adjust the bunks/rollers inwards and tow the kayak

4liters

Post by 4liters » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:56 pm

cobby wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:03 pm
4liters wrote:
It's probably too long for a jetski trailer
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:19 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:56 pm
cobby wrote:
4liters wrote:
you need one of these Ian long enough for a 575 ski
by the way I know the guy who made it

I'm almost keen to hit up Frankghanistan for some early reds off Olivers Hill if not Patto now theres free parking
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

4liters

Post by 4liters » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:37 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:19 pm
4liters wrote:
cobby wrote:
4liters wrote:

I'm almost keen to hit up Frankghanistan for some early reds off Olivers Hill if not Patto now theres free parking
Nowhere to put it unfortunately. I'm taking bets on how long it takes me to get pulled over for roof-topping a kayak that is two meters longer than the car once Eoin's beast is unveiled lol

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:44 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:37 pm

Nowhere to put it unfortunately. I'm taking bets on how long it takes me to get pulled over for roof-topping a kayak that is two meters longer than the car once Eoin's beast is unveiled lol
yer 5.6 meters I think - I know I've lifted the plug on and off his car - it wont be long before he pulls the prototype off the mould
he's looking for factory space right now - I chatted to him tonight
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

4liters

Post by 4liters » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:58 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:44 pm
4liters wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:37 pm

yer 5.6 meters I think - I know I've lifted the plug on and off his car - it wont be long before he pulls the prototype off the mould
he's looking for factory space right now - I chatted to him tonight
He's still looking for factory space? I thought that was sorted now Marty got back from his USA junket.

I'm building a support for it from half one of those cheap aluminum ladders from Bunnings. The ladder will sit on the roof racks, and the kayak will lie along the ladder, the extra support will let the kayak project forward over the bonnet more and avoid having as much cop-attracting overhang at the back. A bunch of pool noodles on the ladder to stop the kayak getting scratched and it should be sweet. Will probably look like **** though.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:21 pm

Good news FV,is Werribee boat ramp going to be free this year as well.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:08 am

cheaterparts wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:19 pm
4liters wrote:
cobby wrote:
4liters wrote:

Does.he launch it like a.boat or just carry the yak over?

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”