Ventnor 27/2

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Ventnor 27/2

Post by Lightningx » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Bar002811 wrote:I'm not trying to give advice on Webb dock I'm just trying to help you known I've fished there I've seen guys catch I've watched them and learned and I will keep giving it a crack but when it comes to actual rock fishing like kilcunda or yeah I'm really experienced ok and I will offer help whenever you need it or not :cheers:
Hey just wondering, which other rock platforms/ledges have you fished besides the one at kilcunda?

Bar002811

Post by Bar002811 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:40 pm

Cape schank berths beach Phillip island summerland my maths rocks Griffiths point pyramid rock and a few others years back :cheers:

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Bar002811 wrote:Ok ok so cocky so f*****ing cocky I do catch fish I'm just trying to help and you know what you guys are great ok I'm not trying to start something :(
Go easy mate. A lot of guys on here are giving away info that's taken years of experience to gain. It's just really annoying when you try to help someone (who is obviously inexperienced), and then he starts giving advice after asking for the same advice..

Me personally?...I think it's a troll, if not, take some advice and not give it.

Bar002811

Post by Bar002811 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:50 pm

Mate I known a lot about it ok and have caught fish and who are you to call me a troll say it in my face ok not on phone :cheers:

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:33 am

4liters wrote:
Bar002811 wrote:Great report and if you want a successful landbased session try out Webb dock early in the morning with a howling southerly wind in overcast weather that's were you can catch solid pinkie snapper and as we now pinkies are delicious and we all try to target them at some time of our experience as lanbased anglers :cheers:

I'll pass on Webb dock. I like to eat the fish I catch and the further away from the sewer that is the Yarra the better imo
In any case I'm not too fussed about catching fish landbased, if I want a successful fishing trip I'll take the yak out.
You have been spoilt after yakking :tongue: Remember that every land based catch is worth 20 on the boat / yak! :banana:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:53 pm

poodoo wrote:
4liters wrote:
Bar002811 wrote:Great report and if you want a successful landbased session try out Webb dock early in the morning with a howling southerly wind in overcast weather that's were you can catch solid pinkie snapper and as we now pinkies are delicious and we all try to target them at some time of our experience as lanbased anglers :cheers:

I'll pass on Webb dock. I like to eat the fish I catch and the further away from the sewer that is the Yarra the better imo
In any case I'm not too fussed about catching fish landbased, if I want a successful fishing trip I'll take the yak out.
You have been spoilt after yakking :tongue: Remember that every land based catch is worth 20 on the boat / yak! :banana:
Only for the **** waving contest that is showing off your catch, fish caught landbased don't taste 20x better
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:18 am

4liters wrote:
poodoo wrote:
4liters wrote:

Only for the d*** waving contest that is showing off your catch, fish caught landbased don't taste 20x better
Nothing about **** waving you have more options yakking compared to being land based.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:55 am

I know, I just don't really subscribe to the idea that one fish is worth any more than another because of how hard/easy it was to catch. Fly fishing for gummies or something stupid like that would be the epitome of fishing if that were the case.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Phillip Island”