san remo/punchbowl

tr3los

san remo/punchbowl

Post by tr3los » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:08 pm

gday guys, im gonna head down towards phillip island for the weekend, try a few diff spots around there including punchbowl rocks, was just wondering if anyone had fished around there lately, and if so if they had any luck? thanks in advance :)

nhillboy

Re: san remo/punchbowel

Post by nhillboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Yiasou Trelos, the last group to fish punchbowl are still recovering in hospital. Good luck and be very careful...

wozzamozza

Re: san remo/punchbowel

Post by wozzamozza » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:37 pm

I only fish punch bowl on low tide. You need a bit of movement in the water to catch fish. (If there no wind and the waters crystal clear, you won't catch)

Fish to the right hand side / end of the platform. Squid, blue bait works well.....

Also take your time going down.

Wozzamozza

tr3los

Re: san remo/punchbowl

Post by tr3los » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:06 pm

thanks guys. Ive fished punchbowl about 10-15 times never really seen any danger but then again i always have my wits about me and keep an eye on the water, from what i know the only deaths have been from people going for abalone on the bottom of the ledge though i may be wrong, but either way thanks for the advice :) anyone fished around Phillip island lately in any other spots? e.g nobbys etc?

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:10 pm

tr3los wrote:thanks guys. Ive fished punchbowl about 10-15 times never really seen any danger but then again i always have my wits about me and keep an eye on the water, from what i know the only deaths have been from people going for abalone on the bottom of the ledge though i may be wrong, but either way thanks for the advice :) anyone fished around Phillip island lately in any other spots? e.g nobbys etc?

Not true there. In fact, most of those died were fisho ...... those were overly confident and paid the price of it. Take care out there !

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:07 am

punchbowl, not punchbowel. I keep editing this deleting the E before we stink. :-)
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

tr3los

Post by tr3los » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:29 pm

cheers fish cador, top bloke. Happy Valentines day princess x

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:03 pm

There have been many fishos die from fishing at the punchbowl, there was one a couple of weeks ago i think
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

garfish001

Post by garfish001 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 pm

tr3los wrote:gday guys, im gonna head down towards phillip island for the weekend, try a few diff spots around there including punchbowl rocks, was just wondering if anyone had fished around there lately, and if so if they had any luck? thanks in advance :)
Mate, find yourself a company or don't go...

rixter

Post by rixter » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:04 pm

If you are going to hit this area , like you said , hit it only at low tide. It might not produce as much on a low tide, but at least your 'sort of' safe from being washed off the rocks into the sea. A bit too much charisma and confidence as a fisherman can go down the sink hole realy quick when fishing this area on a high tide !. Be wary , cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Return to “Phillip Island”