Cowes pier tomorrow

Master-pro

Cowes pier tomorrow

Post by Master-pro » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Was just at cowes pier having a look, saw a few salmon jump but nobodies getting bites, lets hope they are still there tomorrow!
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

complete-anglerz-12

Re: Cowes pier tomorrow

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:56 pm

just got back a few days ago from their and at night was getting a few whiting on the run out tide on squid
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:01 pm

There is about 4 people there and 3 of them are using squid,
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

rixter

Post by rixter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Any gummys biting there lately ? . There have been some biggies caught from that pier ! , check the largest/long vertical white painted post at the right end of the pier for the sizes to beat , The lengths are all marked on the large white pole.
For a long time i was curious as if to half of the markings were for real , until the day i was there and the largests got caught ( saw it with my own eyes ), bet the biggest and got marked on there !.
Also seen ALOT of mackerel been landed off the right off the pier over the years, fishing around 5m to 10m just before the pier hooks around to the right.
Cheers , Rick
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:07 am

You will be in with a big chance of catching an Elephant shark (Australian ghost shark) at Cowes pier at the moment. Plenty around in Western Port Bay.
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:54 am

Alright cheers guys, I'll check if there is any markings today

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Well I arrived at 12 intending to fish through the low tide at 2 for some whiting, had 3 rods setup with 2 having whiting rigs and the other something bigger, result was 1 small flathead, the wind was blowing straight in my face 20kmh so casting was hard. Couldn't get te baits out far enough

shaunsbaginout

Post by shaunsbaginout » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:11 am

is there any couta or those like mackerl fish biteing love catching them no sinker bit of pilli and uselly heaps been there few times got heaps bigest couta like 1 meter good nights fishing??

Return to “Phillip Island”