On a boat @ Rhyll

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Re: On a boat @ Rhyll

Post by Scraglor » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:24 am

Probably best to give the warning out before the spot. Rather than the spot first.

Would be like telling someone who asks about a land based spot to go to punch bowl and waiting to see if they turn up on the news before saying it might be dangerous.

GONE FISHING

Post by GONE FISHING » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Just thought I'd dig up an old thread.

I was fishing the island today in a small boat. Drifting (bloody quickly might I add) and was drifting from Cowes out to Red Rocks Point. I was approaching some breakers and to be quite frank started to get nervous as they came closer so promptly started the motor and went back towards the pier.

Reading this it seems it was McHaffies Reef I was approaching and definately agree that the area isn't for small boats or anyone who isn't experienced or familiar with the area.

Anyhow the area (Cowes and surrounds) is a top fishing location on the day ended up with a good sized couta, pike flathead and a chunky pinky. Not bad for a couple of hours, beats sitting on the couch

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:17 pm

Scraglor wrote:Probably best to give the warning out before the spot. Rather than the spot first.

Would be like telling someone who asks about a land based spot to go to punch bowl and waiting to see if they turn up on the news before saying it might be dangerous.
thats funny and so true.

lucky ducky dished out some safe advice just in time.

bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:11 pm

:thumbsup: McHaffies Reef is fine as long you know the area. If you don't steer clear unless you are accompanied by a more experienced person the fishing isn't that great either. :rofl:

Return to “Phillip Island”