Let's keep this topic

News and Information from VRFish
drew 2

Re: Let's get rid of this topic

Post by drew 2 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:22 am

Very well put Brett :thumbsup:

It's a great chance to start a fresh & let by gones be by gones.

Russell, i hope you make a full & complete recovery & are soon up and about enjoying your fishing again mate,your health is more important than anything.

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:17 am

Thanks Russ,let,s hope we,ve taken some small steps to improve Forum members understanding of VRFish and its ideals and objectives.
W oud also take the opportunity to make some comment on Nudeup,s ideas on fishing clubs in general.
Most club members are not ego trippers with a sole aim of winning comps and showing off how good they are.As in all fields of endeavour there is an element of competitivness and true,there are some who carry this too far. For most it is the opportunity to get together with your mates at a fortnightly meeting,enjoy a few beers and a raffle,talk about fishing generally,report on the last comp results and list en to individuals relate on their excursions.
Our Club has over 20 outings per year on the syllabus ranging from Cup weekend at Jindabyne,Bemm River, Eildon and so on covering salt,eastuary,fresh and surf. Forum members are rightly excited about the Bonnie Doon trip each year,multiply this by half a dozen each year on top of days on PPB and Westernport and you will start to see the scope.
I hope this will help Nudeup and others who share his veiws understand a little bit more of the camaraderie which can be shared with other blokes who love our great sport.
Blue
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

vrfish

Post by vrfish » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:34 pm

Dear Kev209,
thanks for your question. It is very relevant to all of us - those who have actual disabilities and those who have disabled people in our families and peer groups.

All new and recently built platforms have a requirement to be "Access All Abilities" compliant, meaning they have to be accessible to all. If you have a particular platform or fishing location that is not appropriately accessible to all, please let me know the location(s) and we will get them improved.

Access to the waters edge for disabled people is an interesting question. Do you mean places like the Yarra and the Maribyrnong rivers, or do you mean specific lakes and impoundments. We have been working with local councils and water authorities to build fishing platforms across Victoria for a few years now. The locations have usually been provided by fishers like you who alert us to missing fishing infrastructure at their favourite spots. We would be happy to call the local councils and identify areas where parking spots should be made available for disabled people near popular fishing spots.

We have also been working with Fisheries and a number of metropolitan councils to create a "Metropolitan Fishing Spots" campaign. These spots will be within the greater Melbourne metropolitan area and will be stocked with fish (both trout and natives) during the year.

Victoria has a fishing grants program that would be perfectly suited to your request. Please identify the locations in a post on this forum or send me a list of the areas you are interested in.

Fish-Hunter

Re: Let's keep this topic

Post by Fish-Hunter » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi Russel (VRFish)

I certainly hope you make a full recovery from your illness, thanks for posting your views, i will be interested to read your posts in the future :cheers:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Any chance VRFish could actively lobby the state government (I assume it is a state responsibility) for steeper penalties for Fisheries offenses? Seems like a large majority of people here are in favour of bigger fines for the more serious things and that is probably reflected in the broader fishing community.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:20 pm

Hi Russell (VRFish)
PM Sent

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Blue wrote:Thanks Russ,let,s hope we,ve taken some small steps to improve Forum members understanding of VRFish and its ideals and objectives.
W oud also take the opportunity to make some comment on Nudeup,s ideas on fishing clubs in general.
Most club members are not ego trippers with a sole aim of winning comps and showing off how good they are.As in all fields of endeavour there is an element of competitivness and true,there are some who carry this too far. For most it is the opportunity to get together with your mates at a fortnightly meeting,enjoy a few beers and a raffle,talk about fishing generally,report on the last comp results and list en to individuals relate on their excursions.
Our Club has over 20 outings per year on the syllabus ranging from Cup weekend at Jindabyne,Bemm River, Eildon and so on covering salt,eastuary,fresh and surf. Forum members are rightly excited about the Bonnie Doon trip each year,multiply this by half a dozen each year on top of days on PPB and Westernport and you will start to see the scope.
I hope this will help Nudeup and others who share his veiws understand a little bit more of the camaraderie which can be shared with other blokes who love our great sport.
Blue
You don't need to educate me blue on how clubs work I have been in a few I don't need anybody telling me that their style of fishing is the only true style and using the lightest line to get more points is the only way to go or even catch a fish prior to the comp and pass it off as just caught I have seen it all.
And as for camaraderie we run trips for like minded people all over vic and nsw trust me nothing better than having a cold one round the camp fire or a counter at the bermie pub with mates.
I still believe most clubs have lots of "ego trippers" and people who just want to be on the committee because it sounds good when you tell people. As always you have your beliefs and I have mine tight lines

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:36 pm

That,s democracy Nudeup,we all should respect all veiws whether we agree or not.
Enjoy the Festive Season.
Blue
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:54 pm

It is interesting that Russell Conway and he is still on the board of Vrfish but has never bothered to come back on this forum when they supposedly represent the licenced victorian anglers and this is the biggest fishing forum in Victoria. :dn:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:54 pm
It is interesting that Russell Conway and he is still on the board of Vrfish but has never bothered to come back on this forum when they supposedly represent the licenced victorian anglers and this is the biggest fishing forum in Victoria. :dn:
Maybe they utilise sites like Facebook and don’t see this as necessary.

A thread for people to question VRFish world be good here.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Return to “VRFish (Victorian Recreational Fishing Peak-Body)”