Landbase Kingfish

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: Landbase Kingfish

Post by poodoo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Flathead37 wrote:
frozenpod wrote:Kings are essentially a big salmon so I don't see why not.
Very strange comment . Kings are Kings
I believe this was in response to the cold water comment and them liking the same type of water.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:17 pm

seephil wrote::water: :water: Those are stonkers, very much like the ones found in NZ.
while it would be nice to think so it's not really that close to the NZ kings. the record austalian kingfish according to the vid is 27kg, the new zealand (and world) record is 52kg and is shared by 2 people both caught in new zealand and it's not just a few fish reaching those sizes I have family in NZ that have caught multiple kings well over the aussie record.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:50 pm

mazman wrote:
seephil wrote::water: :water: Those are stonkers, very much like the ones found in NZ.
the record austalian kingfish according to the vid is 27kg, the new zealand (and world) record is 52kg and is shared by 2 people both caught in new zealand and it's not just a few fish reaching those sizes I have family in NZ that have caught multiple kings well over the aussie record.
27 kg Kayak capture -- they do get bigger

check out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7co5bP4dMk

Boat caught ---
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:56 pm

you beat me to it cheater the aus game fish record is 42kg pt augusta 2006

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:03 pm

sandef wrote:you beat me to it cheater the aus game fish record is 42kg pt augusta 2006

serious size fish -- don't how you would handle some thing that big on a kayak -- I am willing to try though
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:05 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
sandef wrote:you beat me to it cheater the aus game fish record is 42kg pt augusta 2006

serious size fish -- don't how you would handle some thing that big on a kayak -- I am willing to try though
I think it would handle you, not the other way around.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

adamk

Post by adamk » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:12 pm

mazman wrote:
while it would be nice to think so it's not really that close to the NZ kings. the record austalian kingfish according to the vid is 27kg, the new zealand (and world) record is 52kg and is shared by 2 people both caught in new zealand and it's not just a few fish reaching those sizes I have family in NZ that have caught multiple kings well over the aussie record.
i got friends from work that say its just the norm over there.
explains why the whites travel up between nth an sth island.
they use to try an guide the whales back out, an at worst case blow them up o_0

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Y'all got me reved up! Nvm I'm heading back to Eden in fen this time for a week!
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

seephil
Has liked: 37 times

Post by seephil » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:18 pm

mazman wrote:
Yeah i know. Not trying to say going record for record. I meant those are the average size they get in NZ. Now i know why they call them rats here.
But true Frozenpod, Like overgrown Salmon.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:58 pm

cheaterparts wrote:

I don't know about 40kg but my uncle has pulled a 36kg one in from a yak in Nelson, enormous fish to have sitting across your lap in a yak have nfi how he got it onboard but he managed it.

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”