Trolling sinkers

Yellowtail Kingfish (Scientific name - Seriola lalandi), Kingys, Kings, Hoodlums, Bandits or "Rat Kings" are a strong, exciting gamefish that strike savagely at a wide range of lures, live baits and dead or cut fish fillets. Victorian Yellowtail Kingfish reports right here.
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Trolling sinkers

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:15 am

Decided to use the sinker grip sinker moulds to make some trolling sinkers for kingfish. As they are aerodynamic in shape they should be perfect.

I made 8 100grams and 8 150grams.
Attachments
20170226_120728.jpg

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Trolling sinkers

Post by rb85 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:29 pm

Looks good is the loop a short length of trace wire?

Have you also considered painting and decorating the sinker so it doubles as a teaser?

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Mon May 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Decided to use the sinker grip sinker moulds to make some trolling sinkers for kingfish. As they are aerodynamic in shape they should be perfect.

Think i could get some of you? :P I usually attach 1/2 oz sinker to my snap swivel when i put a live squid on.. I just need it heay enough to sink the squid as i am trolling rather then having him swim on top.
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon May 22, 2017 2:54 pm

MsShimano wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:Decided to use the sinker grip sinker moulds to make some trolling sinkers for kingfish. As they are aerodynamic in shape they should be perfect.

Think i could get some of you? :P I usually attach 1/2 oz sinker to my snap swivel when i put a live squid on.. I just need it heay enough to sink the squid as i am trolling rather then having him swim on top.
Yeah that is OK, they charge too much for them in the shops. PM me about weight and How many

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon May 22, 2017 3:07 pm

That looks nice Phil, very proffesional looking ones. top effort mate, now can safely loose a few and not worry about getting ripped at the local..

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon May 22, 2017 3:11 pm

Nice job....should work great

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Mon May 22, 2017 3:34 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
MsShimano wrote:

Yeah that is OK, they charge too much for them in the shops. PM me about weight and How many
Will do! :) thanks
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

Return to “Yellowtail Kingfish Fishing”