Buying worms for bait in the Heidelberg area

Pilchards, Garfish, Berley, Whitebait, Fresh Squid, Tuna Oil, Chicken, etc
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Buying worms for bait in the Heidelberg area

Post by 4liters » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:24 pm

BIG GAV wrote: Mozzarella cheese for cod is great in this area also!
Do you use the shredded Mozzarella, and if so how do you get it to stay on the hook?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Mike_M wrote:Not sure at this stage - i might try Sweeney's Lane again - drew donuts there with the girls a few weekends ago, but might give it another shot. Or, Westerfolds Park, or a it upstream from Odyssey House. Or the river near Banyule Flats and up to the mouth of the Plenty River - I've seen some huge carp feeding along there near dusk, but they've shown no interest in my lures or my corn.

Basically, the girls want to go fishing and I want to oblige them, but it would be good to catch something occasionally. We've come up with zip from the last 5 outings so far.

could try some bread for the carp, if there arent many ducks around.. unweighted and just mould it would the hook and cast it out, they eventually come and scoop it up.

for cod around that area try a block of coon cheese, but cut it into squares and put it onto the hook while its still fresh and "moist?" , also worked very well for carp up in the murray when they wouldnt go for corn or anything else.

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:15 am

In my experience Aussie Angler have been useless in regards to help always get the stock standard answers to my questions.

Pm me mate i'll tell you where I usually fish, pretty much guaranteed to catch something.

Larksy88

Post by Larksy88 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:25 am

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vtackle/670398119678731" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Bait”