Burley

Pilchards, Garfish, Berley, Whitebait, Fresh Squid, Tuna Oil, Chicken, etc
User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6011
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale

Re: Burley

Post by bowl » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:36 am

Think with kgw it's important ,you be flat out catching n boats 15 meters getting stuff all.

With ridiculous crowds prob not as important..



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Mattblack
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:08 pm
Location: South East Suburbs

Re: Burley

Post by Mattblack » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:46 am

bowl wrote:Think with kgw it's important ,you be flat out catching n boats 15 meters getting stuff all.

With ridiculous crowds prob not as important..
This weekend is going to be mental isn't it :(
exellent.jpg
exellent.jpg (136.38 KiB) Viewed 528 times

User avatar
Kimtown
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1448
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Re: Burley

Post by Kimtown » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Do people use Fennell or Aniseed in their home made burleys? And how much truth is there to raw fennell being illegal to use because it's such a dynamite burley? Seems like an old wives tail to me, as far as I know it's only mammal extracts that is prohibited to use in burley.

Persistence
Rank: Garfish
Rank: Garfish
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:54 am

Re: Burley

Post by Persistence » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Always thought that was for freshwater.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 7677
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Burley

Post by smile0784 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Mattblack wrote:
bowl wrote:Think with kgw it's important ,you be flat out catching n boats 15 meters getting stuff all.

With ridiculous crowds prob not as important..
This weekend is going to be mental isn't it :(
exellent.jpg
Lol thats rite
Stay away from my burley lol

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 7677
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Burley

Post by smile0784 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Kimtown wrote:Do people use Fennell or Aniseed in their home made burleys? And how much truth is there to raw fennell being illegal to use because it's such a dynamite burley? Seems like an old wives tail to me, as far as I know it's only mammal extracts that is prohibited to use in burley.
Ive heard of it but havent heard of it being used on a large basis when snapper fishing



Remove these ads.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 7677
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Burley

Post by smile0784 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Mattblack wrote:Is burley a waste of time if your fishing in a busy area?
I was sitting off Williamstown last week (amongst a cast of hundreds) and was wondering if throwing the burley pot overboard was futile, I'm presuming it was like a food court down there for the fish. Do you just have to step it up and have better quality burley than your neighbours?
*I try to stay away from crowds, but as soon as you drop anchor, other boats appear like seagulls when you start eating hot chips....don't get me started with those parasites that anchor in your burley trail!
You can over burley so if theres 100 boats there next to you i wouldnt worry about it.

Post Reply

Return to “Bait”