Anyone know if I can use this for anything?

Pilchards, Garfish, Berley, Whitebait, Fresh Squid, Tuna Oil, Chicken, etc
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Anyone know if I can use this for anything?

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:17 am

it would be interesting to see if Gummies would take a crab lure - most caught in the shallow areas of WP are full of crab so are snapper for that matter

maybe the biggest problem is to use the lure you would need clear water - most of the shallow areas are not very clear hence lending it self to bait fishing
we have caught Gummies on Micro Jigs around Coronet bay so it must be clear enough for the fish to sight fish a bait there
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:59 pm

cheaterparts wrote:it would be interesting to see if Gummies would take a crab lure - most caught in the shallow areas of WP are full of crab so are snapper for that matter

maybe the biggest problem is to use the lure you would need clear water - most of the shallow areas are not very clear hence lending it self to bait fishing
we have caught Gummies on Micro Jigs around Coronet bay so it must be clear enough for the fish to sight fish a bait there

I'll give it a go and let you know! It is quite a large crab so i try in clear water.. :)
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

fishpod

Post by fishpod » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:03 pm

It's got Snapper written all over it

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:28 pm

fishpod wrote:It's got Snapper written all over it

Thanks bud I'll give it a go :)
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

Treyball

Post by Treyball » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Perfect flathead lure.. Working slowly across the bottom.. Good for covering ground aswell :-D

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Treyball wrote:Perfect flathead lure.. Working slowly across the bottom.. Good for covering ground aswell :-D

Thanks Treyball. Im known as the Fleathead queen. Always get the biggest one for the day!
IMG_5695.JPG

Treyball

Post by Treyball » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:35 pm

MsShimano wrote:
Treyball wrote:Perfect flathead lure.. Working slowly across the bottom.. Good for covering ground aswell :-D

Thanks Treyball. Im known as the Fleathead queen. Always get the biggest one for the day!
image.jpg
My last flathead was a few months ago but it was also an unexpected bycatch
image.jpg

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Treyball wrote:
MsShimano wrote:

IMG_5695.JPG
image.jpg
Very nice. I have to say I'm getting quite bored catching flatheads.. now that I've caught many kingies I'm kind of hooked lol

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:54 pm

MsShimano wrote:
Treyball wrote:
MsShimano wrote:

IMG_5695.JPG
image.jpg
Very nice. I have to say I'm getting quite bored catching flatheads.. now that I've caught many kingies I'm kind of hooked lol
try catching the flathead on plastics or hardbodies, and on 5-6lb for good measure thats a lot more fun.
The crab in the pic i havent used, but bream love that sort of plastics, but id rather a cranka crab than this anyday

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:09 pm

I have never caught a fish on plastics or lures of any kind. That's my next thing to do.. after I finally caught a KGW

Return to “Bait”