Rabbit

Pilchards, Garfish, Berley, Whitebait, Fresh Squid, Tuna Oil, Chicken, etc
crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Rabbit

Post by crumpet_avenger » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:31 pm

4liters wrote:Are jetskiers mammals?
hahahah
wankers is a term I've heard them referred to as?

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Sometimes us "wankers" get out and survey the channels , to help you navigate without stuffing up. I often get abused while doing this job. Mostly when I stop and ask people to remove their fishing lines while I survey near them...
Other times we help out when you do stuff up:
Extract from recent Incident report: "The following day, GWP attended at the bar, as the vessel was a hazard to navigation. Members of GWP along with Marlo CG righted vessel, bailed it out then towed it back to shore where it was returned to the owner. Having assets such as the CG PWC available, make conducting operations like this in shallow waters much safer and easier. In hazardous areas such as ocean bars, PWCs are the perfect tool for the job and it is good to see them being utilized. The owner of the tinny was very grateful and made a substantial donation to the Coast Guard"
Yes I have seen many wankers on jetski's but these guys are usually "wankers" what ever they are driving or riding. :tongue:
Attachments
survey.jpg
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:56 pm

:thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:02 pm

re-tyred wrote:Sometimes us "wankers" get out and survey the channels , to help you navigate without stuffing up. I often get abused while doing this job. Mostly when I stop and ask people to remove their fishing lines while I survey near them...
Other times we help out when you do stuff up:
Extract from recent Incident report: "The following day, GWP attended at the bar, as the vessel was a hazard to navigation. Members of GWP along with Marlo CG righted vessel, bailed it out then towed it back to shore where it was returned to the owner. Having assets such as the CG PWC available, make conducting operations like this in shallow waters much safer and easier. In hazardous areas such as ocean bars, PWCs are the perfect tool for the job and it is good to see them being utilized. The owner of the tinny was very grateful and made a substantial donation to the Coast Guard"
Yes I have seen many wankers on jetski's but these guys are usually "wankers" what ever they are driving or riding. :tongue:
Spot on re-tyred, don't judge the vessel type its the action of the operator using it. Have had Fisherman race past me as close as jet skis have also had charter operators drive under my lines when fishing for snapper.

Allsorts

Post by Allsorts » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Have you ever wondered why chicken is such a good bait when the likelihood of a snapper every coming into contact with a chicken is rare.

Its because they eat dead seagulls and other dead water birds, so bird meat is something they're used to. And seagulls are chickens of the sea.

And rabbits often gets it reputation as a good bait in rural rivers with plenty of bunnies along its edges, Its the same deal. Dead rabbits find their way into rivers aswell. Especially tidal ones they try to swim across. Same with roo meat and deer meat. Alot of these animals think they can swim good but not all can swim as good as they think.

Even in systems that dont have alot of deer, roo's or bunnies - they will have rats, mice, sheep, possums, bats or other mammalian critters along their banks. So alot of these meats may seem unlikely to fall into the mouths of fish. But if you've done a bit of kayaking you'll see its like a river is where everything goes to die. Everything needs to drink and some things die while having a drink or die close by and get washed in when it floods

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:43 am

So greasy KFC would be ok ????

Cheers Gra

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Well done Bro
I didnt know Jet Skiiers did any thing but annoy people or make noise

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:21 pm

We used to hang a d ad rabbit over the river for week, let the maggots drop & fatten the trout, was the burley you could get. Never tried it as bait on a hook.
quid est quod eum

Blueyed1
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Blueyed1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:28 pm

Re-tyred, nice pic of that bloke on that PWC. Is that you? What a great idea for the coast guard to use it to survey the channel....

Joe.

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Yes it is me. It isn't the coast guard jet ski, it is one of the Gippsland ports jet ski's. We do the channel surveys on them. Coast guard Marlo and Coast Guard Lakes have jet skis set up for rescues. I am a skipper for Lakes coast guard
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “Bait”