Depends how many small fish are around

Bugatti

Re: Changing Baits

Post by Bugatti » Thu May 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Gultch78 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:32 pm
Do any of you guys use lumo squid skirts when fishing at night time
You have impeccable timing Gultchy

I bought a pack of lumo squid skirts a couple of years back when another Snapper fisho told me he uses those instead of lumo beads on his Snapper rigs.

I read you post yesterday as I was finalising the gear I was going to take on the trip out last night. So, a quick flurry to find them and give them a go.

lumo 1.PNG
lumo 2.PNG

Here they are, with out the baited pilchard.

lumo 3.PNG

They worked , , , , just as good as all the other hooks , , , , only on Port Jacksons. BUT, I shall keep at it as there were no Snapper caught and I would like to find out how they fair when Snapper are around, as the lumo beads seem to work.

Cheers, Bug

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Changing Baits

Post by Redhunter » Fri May 24, 2019 8:49 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:46 pm
Gultch78 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:32 pm
Do any of you guys use lumo squid skirts when fishing at night time
You have impeccable timing Gultchy

I bought a pack of lumo squid skirts a couple of years back when another Snapper fisho told me he uses those instead of lumo beads on his Snapper rigs.

I read you post yesterday as I was finalising the gear I was going to take on the trip out last night. So, a quick flurry to find them and give them a go.

lumo 1.PNG

lumo 2.PNG

Here they are, with out the baited pilchard.

lumo 3.PNG

They worked , , , , just as good as all the other hooks , , , , only on Port Jacksons. BUT, I shall keep at it as there were no Snapper caught and I would like to find out how they fair when Snapper are around, as the lumo beads seem to work.

Cheers, Bug
Abso-bloody-lutely!! I haven't played much with skirts myself, but I do run lumo beads on all my baited rigs. The only difference being that I use the larger ones for snapper/gummy rigs. They are definitely worth using. If the fish is not in the scent trail, cruising by one way or another, the glow of "something" can be enough to draw their attention to your bait. Considering how inquisitive fish are, if they are in a feeding mood and it is a low light situation, a bit of lumo can be enough to draw a strike that you could have otherwise missed out on. :a_goodjob:

Return to “Bait”