Garfish burley.

Pilchards, Garfish, Berley, Whitebait, Fresh Squid, Tuna Oil, Chicken, etc
Dano

Re: Garfish burley.

Post by Dano » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:31 pm

there secret recipe is a strong bright torch! but a $1 homebrand bread loaf soaked in water for like 30mins will do. you shouldnt have any clumps at all, it should be soup like. just sprinkle some of this magic juice now and then and BAM! bag full of gars :a_goodjob: :thumbsup:

ps dont forget the salt and pepper, gotta add some flavour :-D
[youtube]5l3Nc-gbObw[/youtube]

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:53 pm

ducky wrote:Hey guys. I'm after a good burley recipe for gars. I've noticed them being pretty active in the lights of the boat and would like to burley them up for some bait collecting ready for snapper season.

Does anyone have a go to mix? In the past I've tried crushing up chicken pellets whilst they are boat side but they never really go crazy. I've actually never targeted gars so I've got no idea where to start. Haha. Was just planning on using a dip net and prawning light as I've watched them swim into the light while spearing.
Years ago I searched for recipes for gar fish burley, and I found a really effective ultra secret one, but if I told you. I'd have to …. you.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:11 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
ducky wrote:Hey guys. I'm after a good burley recipe for gars. I've noticed them being pretty active in the lights of the boat and would like to burley them up for some bait collecting ready for snapper season.

Does anyone have a go to mix? In the past I've tried crushing up chicken pellets whilst they are boat side but they never really go crazy. I've actually never targeted gars so I've got no idea where to start. Haha. Was just planning on using a dip net and prawning light as I've watched them swim into the light while spearing.
Years ago I searched for recipes for gar fish burley, and I found a really effective ultra secret one, but if I told you. I'd have to …. you.
come on wolly got to put the recipe in the VIP section. :cheers:

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 pm

poodoo wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:

I collect many recipes, with one that stood out from all the rest, that attracts gars without feeding them.

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 387 times

Post by fishingvic » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Another +1 for supermarket bread crumbs/tuna oil and water for consistency.

Very easy to make and effective!
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:40 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
poodoo wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:

I collect many recipes, with one that stood out from all the rest, that attracts gars without feeding them.
I'll remember this method of response the next time someone asks a question on the forum. I'll just respond that I have the perfect way to help out but instead I'm just going to gloat about it and not let on... They are bloody garfish at the end of the day.

Thanks fellas for the posts. Ill start off nice and simple with the breadcrumbs/tuna oil and go from there. Cheers.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 pm

ducky wrote:Cheers for the responses fellas. A bit of cursory searching I found that wheat germ is a good addition to burley for gars. Anyone used it?......................................................................................................................
I think it may be similar to pollard!
Nude up wrote:Have you tried pollard you buy it at a produce store where you buy chicken pellets mixed with tuna oil and water form golf ball size balls should be a dry mix so when it hits the water it forms a cloud
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: need help with tuna rig

Post by smile0784 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:13 pm

Buy your self a yellow burley cage. From bcf $20 i think and put half load bread in it and throw it over the side on a meter of rope and it will slowly let a continous lot of fine bread crumbs out to keep the gars near buy and if you want a bit more every now and then just give it a shake. If you want to you can add pilchards to it but need to shake it to break them up, lately i been soaking a loaf of bread with tuna oil over nite, every time a go out and i just put half of it in the burley bucket at a time. Been getting lots of little pinkies and a few keepers too.

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:58 pm

A friend gets all his bread crumbs from his local Vietnamese bakery. When they clean up around and under the slicer they save it all for him. You get a variety of crust, bread and grains he says its the best berley he has used. Just a smile and a thank you does the trick.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:03 am

ducky wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
poodoo wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:

I collected many recipes, with one that stood out from all the rest, that attracts gars without feeding them.
I'll remember this method of response the next time someone asks a question on the forum. I'll just respond that I have the perfect way to help out but instead I'm just going to gloat about it and not let on... They are bloody garfish at the end of the day.

Thanks fellas for the posts. Ill start off nice and simple with the breadcrumbs/tuna oil and go from there. Cheers.

Just waiting to see if anyone else comes up with it.

Return to “Bait”