garfish , where can I catch some???

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: garfish , where can I catch some???

Post by bowl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:25 pm

bowl wrote:I will be trying willy break wall area n ferguson st pier and last but not least point gellibrand area... ill let u know ...i got 90% of my gars last time on a sabiki bait rig n only one gar on the float...
Went to Geelong cause of peak hour traffic today.got 6 gars dropped about 4
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

ronzo

Post by ronzo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:31 pm

there were guys getting them in beaumaris, that I do know,

whats the deal with Brighton Pier these days, i was there all weekend and not as much as a bite, I know the pier is closed but the bus shelter location is usually good but nah nothing, it was depressing,

smoken

Post by smoken » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:46 am

ronzo wrote:there were guys getting them in beaumaris, that I do know,

whats the deal with Brighton Pier these days, i was there all weekend and not as much as a bite, I know the pier is closed but the bus shelter location is usually good but nah nothing, it was depressing,
I lived in the area a couple of years ago. At least when I fished there in winter, the place was empty of fishermen and fish.

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:05 pm

OP, if you are willing to travel a couple of hours, I used to do really well on the gars on the Portarlington pier; right on the bend off the tiny platform with the light-pole.

1. Burley with some breadcrumb/tuna oil mix every 5-10 minutes
2. Run two leaders, one slightly longer than the other, with size 12 long-shanks off a swivel on the main line (free-weight, no float), and cast into the burley slick; tiny pieces of supermarket prawn for bait, or fillet a pilchard and use small bits of the white meat only
3. Enjoy the mini-marlins

:r

Moffo

Post by Moffo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:48 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:On the 3 SER fishing show they mention Beaumaris pier. It is available as a podcast.

Where can I find this 3 SER podcast? I've done a search, cant find it :( I'd be interested in having a listen.

Cheers!

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”