Netting in Sandringham area

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Netting in Sandringham area

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:49 pm

at night when I fish Sandy area I always see this aluminium boat laying net just outside the concrete wall of the marina towards Brighton. Sometimes they don't have lights on. Sometimes just the red and green lights (no white lights). They drop their net too close to the beach. I have called 13FISH multiple times and their usual annoying response was "Maybe they are commercial fishos. Can you tell me the boat registration number?" Bloody useless fisheries people. It's too dark to read anything on that boat! Why not remove the "maybe" and check the place for good? :bat: :Blah: :angry:

After laying the net, the boat will speed towards Brighton area most of the time with no lights. They are obviously trying to do their activity without being noticed.

I know there is a commercial boat in Sandringham Marina and they always go out with all the lights on and you know they are legal fishos. When the legal boat comes out, they always head to the deep. However this aluminium boat is very suspicious. They will fish from the beach if they can. Has anyone else noticed this netting activity?
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

ingeer

Re: Netting in Sandringham area

Post by ingeer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:25 pm

what i can suggest is light up a powerful torch and read their reg number then give it to fishery. If possible find out their viechle's reg..to be honest fishery cannot do much without knowing their plates..

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:49 pm

ingeer wrote:what i can suggest is light up a powerful torch and read their reg number then give it to fishery. If possible find out their viechle's reg..to be honest fishery cannot do much without knowing their plates..
I suspect that they may launch their boat at St Kilda or one of the other boat launching ramps in the northern area of the bay. As fisheries have been known to inspect boats at Mordiallic, they would avoid this area.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:55 pm

ingeer wrote:what i can suggest is light up a powerful torch and read their reg number then give it to fishery. If possible find out their viechle's reg..to be honest fishery cannot do much without knowing their plates..
That's an idea, another idea would be for them to get off their arses and come down to the area and they could use their own bloody MCG torch and get all the info required. No good saying can you get the rego and if not well we arn't coming.
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:42 pm

The boat just left again after laying net. Tired of calling 13FISH.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:48 pm

Fish-cador wrote:The boat just left again after laying net. Tired of calling 13FISH.
Hay FC try fishing with 6 rods and keeping undersized fish then fishries might turn up and haul you over the coals for illegal fishing :doh1:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Bhaivn

Post by Bhaivn » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:48 pm

I usually see an aluminum boat with no lights on around kerferd road around 11pm, same thing they seem very suspicious, but with no reg number, you cant do much

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:12 pm

when I see them again, I will swim after the fast moving boat so I will know the car's rego.

what do you mean "cannot do much"? Stake the place and check on the boat. That's all. It was there again tonight, all lights were out while laying the net.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:53 pm

interesting I'm wondering if other boats would run over the net if they come in close to fish?

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:00 pm

it maybe sheepdog a pro who's been launching from altona he is very shifty don't cross his path

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”