BIG RED!!!

wishing4fishing

BIG RED!!!

Post by wishing4fishing » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:42 am

Hi all how are we hope you had a great w/end of fishing.
On Sunday arvo took the misses and the dog out for a walk along a certain popular pier on a certain popular beach in PPB.
Found a few fishos out n about making the most of the weather even though it was low tide.
This one fella in particular was proudly showing off his great catch from the previous night being 2 very nice snappers atleast 5kg.
Just as he was showing them off, bang! Off went his reel, had a great fight with thumping headshakes, just my luck, hate being a spectator would rather be the one reeling in. After about 20 min off fighting we saw his head pop up out of the water, oh my, HUGGEEEEE RED, biggest one ive seen hooked land based, i think would of been 8+kg, was a lovely deep red colour with a huge bump.
Unfortunately for the fisho and his mate they couldnt reach the fish even with the net as it was low tide, they even tried jumping down into the water to get it out but unfortunately was not landed fell off the hook and swam away to fight another fisho.
Even though it wasnt caught it totally made my day to see such a thumper!

Happy Fishing.

sidrx

Re: BIG RED!!!

Post by sidrx » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:25 am

Oooo!! I'm very tempted to head out to this certain popular pier lol but not until a week or two, unfortunately :(

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”