Western Suburbs fishing

TONKA

Re: Westernt Suburbs fishing

Post by TONKA » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:52 pm

Andoki wrote:
PANDA wrote:point cook beach?
I meant beach @ Point Cook coastal Park
That's a marine park, it's illegal to fish there. You can't read signs?

nafa

Re: Western Suburbs fishing

Post by nafa » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:28 am

j.dammo wrote:ingeer, altona pier used to produce so good that any where you will cast you would catch, i remember years ago when my dad used to take me we used to catch at almost any spot towards the end of the pier.
i dont believe they should do any thing to altona pier because there will be more trouble going on there.
i dont go there any more because of the fights i had gotten in with people (which i am not proud of) and trouble is the main reason im trying to surf fish more often now and also looking for locations where there is absolutely no one there.
along great ocean road there are so many great spots especially off the rocks if you travel past lorne pier.
if you want to fish to relax and to have a bit of fun, i believe that there is nothing better than surf or estuary (away from everyone) fishing.
just my opinion
cheers
jonny
Could not agree more with the above. I rarely fish piers or areas that have other anglers in attendance. I go fishing to relax and nothing else annoys me more than having to share elbow space with certain people who have no idea of angler decorum or respect for their fellow anglers. My fishing mate calls me the grumpy old man for as soon as someone invades my personal fishing area I get testy. The best way to avoid the crowds is to avoid the piers and known land based areas and find some new ones of your own.

Drifta-X

Re: Westernt Suburbs fishing

Post by Drifta-X » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:29 am

Andoki wrote:
PANDA wrote:point cook beach?
I meant beach @ Point Cook coastal Park

I also highly recommend to try the Limeburner Lagoon a bit futher west, go there after dark on High tide only and you will get some good sutff
Ya not to fish the beach at point cook coastal park, there are signs there saying so.

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Western Suburbs fishing

Post by sloth » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:44 am

West is best ..... If you stick to the estuary ;)

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”