Western Suburbs fishing

kev_b

Re: Western Suburbs fishing

Post by kev_b » Sun May 06, 2012 8:58 am

Hi Guys
My first post.

Just to say was at Altona pier Friday night, Caught nothing not even a nibble......

Carry on Fishing!!

ingeer

Re: Westernt Suburbs fishing

Post by ingeer » Sun May 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Andoki wrote:
PANDA wrote:point cook beach?
I meant beach @ Point Cook coastal Park

I also highly recommend to try the Limeburner Lagoon a bit futher west, go there after dark on High tide only and you will get some good sutff
Andoki.. are you sure it's open for fishing? I'm sort of under an impression that the area around there is declared as marine sanctuary and nobody is allowed to take any marine object from...

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Sun May 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi ingeer,
I think the area that declared as matine santuary is 10 kilometres from Werribee until Point Cook Coastal Park, including Point Cooke Marine Reserve, but it is ok for fishing from end of the reserve until Laverton creek; you better to check this by contacting Parks Victoria.
Anyway, in my opinion you may need to go further west towards Avalon Beach and Limeburners lagoon for better fishing results.

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon May 07, 2012 8:50 am

kev_b wrote:Hi Guys
My first post.

Just to say was at Altona pier Friday night, Caught nothing not even a nibble......

Carry on Fishing!!
"Altona pier" smh you are more likely to be stabbed there than catch a fish , lately far too many times ppl are figting for a spot & sadly ppl have even been stabbed over getting a postion on the pier . Also "Lagoon pier" i personally have seen blokes nearly having punch up's over crossed lines etc . :(

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon May 07, 2012 11:03 am

MIKER wrote:
My first post.

Carry on Fishing!!
"Altona pier" smh you are more likely to be stabbed there than catch a fish , lately far too many times ppl are figting for a spot & sadly ppl have even been stabbed over getting a postion on the pier . Also "Lagoon pier" i personally have seen blokes nearly having punch up's over crossed lines etc . :(
This is a sad predicament of society at the moment. Fishing is all about enjoyment and relaxation but there are the rotten apples of this society who will just resort to any means to get what they want. Put me off fishing at certain location coz of this even if I know there are catches to be have there.

Also been told that your car tyres can be slashed if you happen to be first on the spot and taken up the good fishing spot at a certain Great Ocean Road fishing location.

Best just get back to your car and drive further to the next fishing location. Who knows, you will bag more than those on the pier.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

ingeer

Post by ingeer » Mon May 07, 2012 1:08 pm

MIKER wrote:
My first post.

Carry on Fishing!!
Totally agree, the top tip of the pier only allows 2 ppl to cast into the good direction and thus it's extremely 'competitive'.. Lately saw people came before 4pm in order to keep a spot for night snapper fishing..

The design of the pier is sort of ridiculous, this is a fairly long pier and at the end tip there should be something like a 'T' shape platform to accommodate more anglers...

j.dammo

Post by j.dammo » Mon May 07, 2012 2:09 pm

ingeer, altona pier used to produce so good that any where you will cast you would catch, i remember years ago when my dad used to take me we used to catch at almost any spot towards the end of the pier.
i dont believe they should do any thing to altona pier because there will be more trouble going on there.
i dont go there any more because of the fights i had gotten in with people (which i am not proud of) and trouble is the main reason im trying to surf fish more often now and also looking for locations where there is absolutely no one there.
along great ocean road there are so many great spots especially off the rocks if you travel past lorne pier.
if you want to fish to relax and to have a bit of fun, i believe that there is nothing better than surf or estuary (away from everyone) fishing.
just my opinion
cheers
jonny

rod276

Post by rod276 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:17 pm

is altona pier still known for its fights recently moved to the area

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:19 pm

rod276 wrote:is altona pier still known for its fights recently moved to the area
Hey mate welcome to the site :welcome:
haven't heard of any fights done there for a while now.

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:43 pm

rod276 wrote:is altona pier still known for its fights recently moved to the area
No its fine in winter.
in summertime weekend **** heads n underage kids drinking can be a issue,especially holiday period...most the fisho r fine.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”