Werribee South Fishing Report

cazof88

Werribee South Fishing Report

Post by cazof88 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:19 pm

Hey guys,

Picked up my first boat today and took it out for a fish. Launched from Werribee South boat ramp after a bit of a struggle to get the boat off of the trailer but went out a few hundred meters where I saw a few other boats and thought I'd give it a crack. I ended up catching four tiny undersized pinkies that were quickly released (all caught in quick succession with a double hookup at one stage) and three bango sharks which were also released as had no use for them. The last bango was pulled up by hand as it had gotten tangled and someone's lost anchor which was fun considering I had no idea what was going on!

Following that decided to change spots but had no luck then thought I'd give the new boat a bit of a spin so just cruised for 20 mins before heading back to the boat ramp. It looked like the propeller was kicking up sand as I was getting in closer to the ramp, is that normal? Anyway finally made it to the ramp and struggled to get the boat onto the trailer for a good while but luckily a local old timer gave us a few pointers and we managed to get it on and home safely. All in all a great fist day with the boat, now I just need to learn how to use the fish-finder that came with it!

tuna tube

Re: Werribee South Fishing Report

Post by tuna tube » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:31 pm

Good post cazzof88. Keep practicing and before you know it, you'll be a pro! There's a few great spots not far from the ramp, but you may be a little too late! The reds are spawning now but there are other species you can target at the moment.
Hopefully you have the fish finder manual so read it and practice.
Cheers
The Tube

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:44 pm

Great stuff...a few more attempts with the trailor and you will be fine.

Hopefully you marked that spot on yr fish finder fir next year.

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:04 am

So many questions what boat what trailer what sounder werribee is a tad shallow you have to stay close to the jetty and the shore to stay in the channel

flatty attack

Post by flatty attack » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:52 am

cazof88 wrote:Hey guys,

Picked up my first boat today and took it out for a fish. Launched from Werribee South boat ramp after a bit of a struggle to get the boat off of the trailer but went out a few hundred meters where I saw a few other boats and thought I'd give it a crack. I ended up catching four tiny undersized pinkies that were quickly released (all caught in quick succession with a double hookup at one stage) and three bango sharks which were also released as had no use for them. The last bango was pulled up by hand as it had gotten tangled and someone's lost anchor which was fun considering I had no idea what was going on!

Following that decided to change spots but had no luck then thought I'd give the new boat a bit of a spin so just cruised for 20 mins before heading back to the boat ramp. It looked like the propeller was kicking up sand as I was getting in closer to the ramp, is that normal? Anyway finally made it to the ramp and struggled to get the boat onto the trailer for a good while but luckily a local old timer gave us a few pointers and we managed to get it on and home safely. All in all a great fist day with the boat, now I just need to learn how to use the fish-finder that came with it!
hi there cazof88.keep to the the west side of river channel you should be right . just take your time loading and unloading your boat and watch others how they do it youll be right in no time .if you dont want to go far from ramp there are good numbers of squid and flattys out from new breakwater in about 4 mtrs of water bagged out on squid yesterday so have ago there good luck. :r

pilko

Post by pilko » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:25 am

We fished out of werribee for the first time yesterday. Had some great advice from the team at hooked on so I'd suggest to go and see them. We ended up with some great whiting and flathead. Tide change was the time. Only drama was someone trying to get my dura hub bearing protectors off. They were successful with one and damage the other 3. Does anyone know if there is cctv down there.

tuna tube

Post by tuna tube » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 pm

Unfortunately mate, no there isn't. The sad thing is this happens at a lot of ramps. The scum are everywhere! All you can do is make your stuff harder to take than the others. Certainly puts a downer on the day.
Cheers
The Tube

pilko

Post by pilko » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Yeah dissapointing, I didn't realize until I was halve way home so didnt know to look about there incase it was on the ground. I'd say they have hit them of with a hammer going by the damage to the other. I'm not blaming the area at all and I'll be using the ramps for most of my ppb trips now.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Ive found werrible south ok generally but there is allways someone around that prefers to steal than save up and buy it

No good to hear abt the theft
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Bout time

Post by Bout time » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:54 pm

That's why I always padlock the trailer to the car with one of those trailer clamps. Had someone undo the hitch once put still leave it on the ball, as soon as the boat hit the back rollers the hitch shot straight upwards, people just being a nuisance

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”