bream fishing

straughany

bream fishing

Post by straughany » Sat May 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi, this will be my first post. Been fishing over Newport and Williamstownmost weekends for the last three months, mainly off and around the power station and Anne street pier. Had some good flat head, and pinkies, but its dried up the last couple of weeks, so im going to head up and around footscray tomorrow morning and try for some bream. Popped down to take a look today and a guy down there had a great bream id say about 33cm caught on yabbie, on a running sinker rig. Thought I would share with others around as i have enjoyed all your posts. He had only been there an hour. Hope to post my bream on here tomorrow.
:r
Cheers

Andoki

Re: bream fishing

Post by Andoki » Sat May 26, 2012 9:22 pm

welcome to the forum and good luck tomorrow ... and keep us posted.

Talha

Post by Talha » Sun May 27, 2012 2:56 am

Welcome and good luck!

straughany

Post by straughany » Sun May 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Had a great day, started out down footscray this morning and caught nothing but star fish, but it all turned out great early evening with another session and re rigging to a smaller hook and sinker compliments of the local I met. Anyway three bream , 2 are keepers with the best about 32cm. All on yabbie. Lost a great one when my spoolcrapped itself while bringing in what would have been a good 35 cm one, just saw the flash of silver only a meter from the edge. Anyway as usual I met some great locals happy to share some knowledge and a few stories.

The local im talking about showed me a nice 2kg snapper pic he caught last week, same spot. So get down to footscay and grab a bream or two, and who knows even a rough snapper
:dinner:

Straughany

slinga

Post by slinga » Mon May 28, 2012 7:39 am

Good job
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Mon May 28, 2012 10:07 am

Yeap, good on you Straughany, lucky that you went there in the right day ... this is the problem in this area, one day is on and many days after are off, but for sure it deserves to keep trying it, because when it is on it is really on.

cheers

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”