Maribyrnong report

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Maribyrnong report

Post by sloth » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:36 am

Yeah - when I first saw the dog it really put a dampner on my session too. I meant to call council about it yesterday but didn't get chance.

Trying to describe a location to council Bangg

So pooch isn't Maribyrnongs problem, nor moonee valleys ... it actually falls under City of Melbourne.

But long story short - animal officer will go out today and remove it.

Oh - and nice report :)

Fished there this morning ... 3 hits, a plastic that looks like its been chewed by a dog and somehow no hookups. Hahaha - one of those days it seems. Tell you what though - saw some absolute stonkers in the shallows :hitit:

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:49 am

davek wrote::rocking_report: as usual Broomstick good work to both of you. Note: try to stay on land when landbased fishing, you seem to end up getting wet a fair bit, :lol: cheers davo

X 2.. What is that fish on your profile.??. I assume it's a puffer,but, I only know the ones with spikes.

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:01 am

Was an awesome trip! Squid was one of the highlights of my fishing life, thought it was a stick, its a Big ass toadie in his picture btw
From one if his earlier reports, (tarwin river perhaps)
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:33 am

Texas wrote:
davek wrote::rocking_report: as usual Broomstick good work to both of you. Note: try to stay on land when landbased fishing, you seem to end up getting wet a fair bit, :lol: cheers davo

X 2.. What is that fish on your profile.??. I assume it's a puffer,but, I only know the ones with spikes.
Yep it's a puffer/toadie. It's not the species of toadie that you find everywhere (those ones are either smooth toadfish, Tetractenos glaber:

Or common toadfish, Tetractenos hamiltoni:

It's a species that grows a lot bigger (25-30cm) - Contusus brevicaudas:

The prickly ones are porcupine fish - Diodon nicthemerus:

ps sorry for the biology lesson, I just really like puffer fish

bubuli

Post by bubuli » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:40 pm

Looks like a good session, I was there for an hour last tuesday and saw that poor thing beside the river. Seen a few of those tiny squiddos too, I thought it was a jellyfish at first but swam quicker than the real thing. The river is getting better for fish to live compared a couple of years back IMO. Thanks for sharing!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:58 pm

bubuli wrote:Looks like a good session, I was there for an hour last tuesday and saw that poor thing beside the river. Seen a few of those tiny squiddos too, I thought it was a jellyfish at first but swam quicker than the real thing. The river is getting better for fish to live compared a couple of years back IMO. Thanks for sharing!
Dennis was the dog dead then?? or alive i hate people doing **** like this.. ******* pricks..

sloth

Post by sloth » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Would have been dead Steve I expect. It wasn't tied into the bag or anything - I think somebody just thought that was a good way to dispose of it :/

It was there for a number of days. I called council today and when I drove past tonight it had been collected.

bubuli

Post by bubuli » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:19 pm

purple5ive wrote:
bubuli wrote:Looks like a good session, I was there for an hour last tuesday and saw that poor thing beside the river. Seen a few of those tiny squiddos too, I thought it was a jellyfish at first but swam quicker than the real thing. The river is getting better for fish to live compared a couple of years back IMO. Thanks for sharing!
Dennis was the dog dead then?? or alive i hate people doing sh*t like this.. ******* pricks..
It was lifeless when I saw it, I did pointed it to the rowers while they row pass coz they were pointing at it too.
sloth wrote:Would have been dead Steve I expect. It wasn't tied into the bag or anything - I think somebody just thought that was a good way to dispose of it :/

It was there for a number of days. I called council today and when I drove past tonight it had been collected.
Good on yah Dave, it wasnt smelly at that time, maybe just dumped it recently.

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Sickening to think some people are so horrible they'd kill a pet my dog is my life I cant fathom re homing her let alone killing her!! Some people... Nice nails bro hahaha hopefully the nails got u laid ;) squid in th Ning is great haha

All n all beside the horrifying pic good report mate
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:28 pm

I can't believe squid in the nong ! never in a gazillion years would I expect squid in there ! top day for you guys :a_goodjob:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”