Help and advice jigging

tariqk84

Help and advice jigging

Post by tariqk84 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Hi guys
I want try to fish by slow jigging, could someone help me to get telephone number or even any names that could help

Thanks

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Help and advice jigging

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:14 am

tariqk84 wrote:Hi guys
I want try to fish by slow jigging, could someone help me to get telephone number or even any names that could help

Thanks
probably your best bet is to check out some of the youtube clips - there are no shortage of them
and get some gear and just practice different things - like any lure fishing you are trying to fool the fish into biting something they feel is a meal

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +technique

so far the species I have tricked are Flathead and pinkies both easy targets - Wrasse and scorpion cod again easy targets - couta of cause easy targets but hard on flat fall jigs with bite offs
Gummy Shark which was a surprise catch

I think the biggest difference with slow jigging ( micro jigging ) is you get to target a larger range of fish
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:32 am

cheaterparts wrote:
tariqk84 wrote:Hi guys

Thanks
probably your best bet is to check out some of the youtube clips - there are no shortage of them
and get some gear and just practice different things - like any lure fishing you are trying to fool the fish into biting something they feel is a meal

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +technique

so far the species I have tricked are Flathead and pinkies both easy targets - Wrasse and scorpion cod again easy targets - couta of cause easy targets but hard on flat fall jigs with bite offs
Gummy Shark which was a surprise catch

I think the biggest difference with slow jigging ( micro jigging ) is you get to target a larger range of fish

Never heard of gummys on jigs before.
Was it a once off or few times?

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:17 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Never heard of gummys on jigs before.
Was it a once off or few times?
on a home made inchiku slow jig - and it was hooked in the mouth so the fish had taken it
DSCF0542.JPG
and a mate has pulled a couple now on a 20 gram flat fall
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”