Surface bream

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Surface bream

Post by Basti » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:52 am

Hey guys. It's been a while since I posted a report. Working full time these days and have to pick between writing reports and fishing. Fishing usually wins.

Recently acquired a gopro and took it out for a quick morning session last weekend. Only having 3hrs to work with I decided bream was the target. Hit up a spot that I haven't had a go at in ages and it paid off better than I could have hoped. I've attached a link to a small teaser clip. Will get the full video up when I have time.

Ended up with 2 bream around the mid 30cm mark off the surface and two more dropped hits. Fish were really aggressive and the first take had me thinking EP because he got so hard. Would have caught a few more but my casting was horrible and I was just not getting it in the zone enough. There were plenty of surface eats around me and at one point I was able to watch a decent model cruising a clay bank chasing minnows and busting on them. Managed to get a switch 66 near him and he slammed it, got airborne and popped the hooks in the air

Cheers
Niroj

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeMRzDwgc4f ... CfGoE_5I0/

Buzman610

Re: Surface bream

Post by Buzman610 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:41 am

Nice report mate :fish22:

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”