More Landbased FISHING!!

Leronzia
Has liked: 23 times

More Landbased FISHING!!

Post by Leronzia » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi Again,

Gave the st kilda piers ago as recommended, caught a couple small pinkies thats it, looking to go out again, any hot spots for flatties, gars, salmon, whiting or more pinkies even bream, not fussed. Just looking to wet a line and get a feed home, thanks in advance, wouldnt mind tips aswell.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: More Landbased FISHING!!

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi mate,
Did you use bait or lures? Plastics? I have done well with the gars at that pier and nice size pinkies as well but during season. Salmon and flatties using plastics.

Leronzia

Post by Leronzia » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:44 pm

Lightningx wrote:Hi mate,
Did you use bait or lures? Plastics? I have done well with the gars at that pier and nice size pinkies as well but during season. Salmon and flatties using plastics.
Gave some zman grubz ago on princess, and caught maybe 10 pinkies like 8-14 cm aroun 8 pm

Irishfisherman
Has liked: 237 times

Post by Irishfisherman » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:48 pm

I was out from Seaford today on my kayak hoping to get a few flatties to take home, but wherever I went I was plagued by pinkies couldn’t get past them, it was quite frustrating. Hopefully it’s a sign of good things to come.

Leronzia

Post by Leronzia » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:56 pm

Irishfisherman wrote:I was out from Seaford today on my kayak hoping to get a few flatties to take home, but wherever I went I was plagued by pinkies couldn’t get past them, it was quite frustrating. Hopefully it’s a sign of good things to come.
Yes its annoying

j_pap

Post by j_pap » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Leronzia wrote:Hi Again,

Gave the st kilda piers ago as recommended, caught a couple small pinkies thats it, looking to go out again, any hot spots for flatties, gars, salmon, whiting or more pinkies even bream, not fussed. Just looking to wet a line and get a feed home, thanks in advance, wouldnt mind tips aswell.

I saw a couple of decent size pinkies get caught at lagoon pier last weekend, alot of small ones, a couple of keepers amonst them, theres good flatties around there too. Pretty much all the same around port melb st kilda though, you just gotta keep at it till you get some good catches

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:38 pm

I have fished all those piers many times and they all produce fish but like most piers they produce on some days and nothing on others. Consistency is the key :)

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Plenty of small undersized pinkies this time of year. Most piers during sunset and sunrise during incoming tide will produce pinkies. Even the surf.
But also good for flathead. When there's no wind, gars are coming around piers with bread burley.
IMG_20190109_190241.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Great fun those gars :)

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”