Blairgowrie/Sorrento/Portsea 18hrs of FISHING!!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Blairgowrie/Sorrento/Portsea 18hrs of FISHING!!

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:49 pm

will bring a telescopic ladder so I can go to the concrete wall in Blairgowrie Marina. That is a very nice fishing platform. They should open it to ME (and a few selected anglers) :grin:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Hahaha that sounds good :P ill join you lol. or even better i rkn invest in a tinny and paddle out hahaha
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:00 pm

vinhii wrote:Hahaha that sounds good :P ill join you lol. or even better i rkn invest in a tinny and paddle out hahaha
no small boat for me. I will end up making a berley trail made off chewed hash brown, bacon and egg. :lolf:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:03 pm

LOLLL!!! more fish for us :P hahaha , if there was only a way to climb it.. or get to the last platform.. apparently a local kid told us that there we huge squid at the end platform past the gates looool ( but how to open that gate to get there loool )

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:07 pm

called in sick :sick: this morning and hit the road to Blairgowrie Marina. Arrived in the concrete at 530AM. My target was the salmon that comes early everyday as I was told.

weapons of choice were:

Combo 1 - NEW NEW NEW :banana: :super: T-curve revolution spin and Stradic 2500 CI4 with 20 lb braid, armed with SP

Combo 2 - the ever reliable Tsunami 7 foot spin gear paired with Stradic 2500FH with 20 lbs braid. Armed with yo-zuri crystal minnow

Spare gear, Combo 3 - Shimano starlo stix shore spin 9 foot rod paired with Stradic 4000FH, with 20 lbs braid, Armed with shiny metal lures.

Stupid me, I decided to leave combo 3 at home thinking that I will never need it. Too much guns will scare the enemies :lolf:

Tried squid while waiting for the salmon to come - no hits for almost 1 hour.

Around 630AM, the water started boiling just near the dredged area. The school was just within the casting distance of combos 1 and 2. Then on my third cast, they disappeared. Minutes later, the water boiled way too far for my light gears to reach. Then I remembered my combo 3. Why did I leave it at home? :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: Will go back there Saturday morning with 9,10 foot or 12 foot spin gears. The fish can stay as far as Sorrento and I should be able to drop a lure in their midst. Had 1 hit on SP but no hook up. I saw the fish. It was big. :angryfire: Caught one squid while watching the school of salmon bursting the surface. If only I was able to get to the floating pontoons.....anyone knows someone who has a key to open the Marina gates? I'll bring the beer, just let me in amongst the boats. :tongue:

An inflatable boat could have been very handy this morning.

I left the marina at 830AM and the school was still there.

Went to Sorrento - zero
Went to Rye - zero
====
Words of wisdom:
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Fish-cador - LOL you funny bugga hahaha im going tomorrow night till Sunday morning, Prob be leaving Melbourne at 10-11pm and get there by 12?

But ill be coming armed! If the salmon do come in! im jumping in with my mate and taking them down!!! Revenge for you fish-cador hahahaha :P, But only if its worth it to dive!

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:26 pm

slight change of plan. Will not go there Saturday morning but will do my best to be there Sunday before sunrise. I have a late night call and will be awake till 2AM. :cussing: I love fish but I love my bed too. :lolf:

Will most probably hit Mount Martha Saturday afternoon for some gars and whatever will come up.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:48 am

SWEET! ill see you there on sunday morning :) ill def be there.. waiting for the water to bubble and if it does then time to suit up and get wet ;) loool

But for that time being.. ill be on the pier wit the rods looool!

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:33 am

Vinhii, what are you doing posting in here at 348AM. I bet you are not catching anything and needs a past time. :lolf: :lolf:

Will see you there.....I have caught divers while jigging for squid but I havent caught a diver while spinning for salmon but tomorrow I might get lucky. :roflmao:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:26 am

Hahhaa i was out and just got back so i thought id jump on LOL

Hahaha did you lose the jig :P , Yeah if tomorrow looks sweet ill def jump in for abit.. i have afew tricks up my sleeve to catch some big stingrays ;) LOL!

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”