Blairgowrie/Sorrento/Portsea 18hrs of FISHING!!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Blairgowrie/Sorrento/Portsea 18hrs of FISHING!!

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:42 pm

went to B'gowrie this morning. Vinhii was not there.

I brought the big guns to reach the school even if they stay far from the concrete. GRRR. who tipped the fish that I have a long cast rod? The salmon did not come. :wall: :wall:

Went to Portsea - zero. Only one guy caught 2 bait sized squid.

Went to London Bridge area to fish the hightide. Slow day in the surf. Managed to put only 5 in the bucket. Then the idiots in jet skis came and played their toys right where my sinkers were. I requested them to stay away from my gutter. The best they can say was "sh it happens- we plan to play where you are fishing." Bloody inconsiderate, illiterate, ill-mannered people. :cussing: I did not leave. I reeled in my surf gears and started throwing metal slugs right in their midst. No one was able to complain. They steered clear of my gutter while it was raining metal slugs with treble hooks. I was thinking, if I get them - sh it happens. Lucky for them, the tide changed soon after and I packed up.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Blairgowrie Update!:- Got there at 12.30-1am .. set camp in the middle and tried for squid and left a line down to try for anything.
all night not 1 bite.. i wonder WHY!?!

Got fed up and went to rest in the car for 2hrs.. Came back to blairgowrie and noticed the water was starting to bubble LIKE CRAZY! the salmon were in!! One bloke caught a 60cm salmon and others were spinning for the bubbles!
Not far behind it a Seal was herding them in closer and closer!

So me and my mate Suited up and jumped in to chase the bubbles of salmons! To my surprise the water was not that cold even though it was foggy and cold day.. not one Squid to been seen for ages!
After a good hour of diving we finally were in the game! chased through a school but reluctantly missed them.. too bloody quick and visibility was only 30-40% .. Water was alil mirky and my goggles were fogging up from the icy water.

After a good try.. we finally called it a day.. Thats the report for this weekend.. Going to give it a rest now.. lol Goodluck guys!
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Fish-cador wrote:went to B'gowrie this morning. Vinhii was not there.

I brought the big guns to reach the school even if they stay far from the concrete. GRRR. who tipped the fish that I have a long cast rod? The salmon did not come. :wall: :wall:

Went to Portsea - zero. Only one guy caught 2 bait sized squid.

Went to London Bridge area to fish the hightide. Slow day in the surf. Managed to put only 5 in the bucket. Then the idiots in jet skis came and played their toys right where my sinkers were. I requested them to stay away from my gutter. The best they can say was "sh it happens- we plan to play where you are fishing." Bloody inconsiderate, illiterate, ill-mannered people. :cussing: I did not leave. I reeled in my surf gears and started throwing metal slugs right in their midst. No one was able to complain. They steered clear of my gutter while it was raining metal slugs with treble hooks. I was thinking, if I get them - sh it happens. Lucky for them, the tide changed soon after and I packed up.

LOL! what the? i was there haha! you missed out fish! The Seal brought in the big school of SALMON!! i was diving chasing them with my mate!! was alil scared id run into the Seal though.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:03 pm

ha!..NO FISH. There were about 10 of us waiting for the school to come around 6AM - their usual breakfast time. No show!
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:06 pm

LOL! too early!! they were stuck in traffic hahaha! they came later like at 9am onwards! they stuck around for couple hours!!

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:15 pm

yeah yeah yeah :-P
====
Words of wisdom:
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:23 pm

you shouldve seen it! it was a frenzy out there.. the seal made the whole school panic and jump out of the water and every man or child who could wield a rod started throwing bait and spinners out there trying to reach them but just a tad short hahaha! so thats why i dived it :P

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:18 pm

yeah yeah :lolf:

If you are not bull'ing me, then I left early. I arrived in B'gowrie at 530AM, left 830AM.

How I wish I was there so I can try to snag a diver. :roflmao:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Fish-cador wrote:yeah yeah :lolf:

If you are not bull'ing me, then I left early. I arrived in B'gowrie at 530AM, left 830AM.

How I wish I was there so I can try to snag a diver. :roflmao:
why would i bull you buddy lol i even have pictures to prove it! hahaha! the missus took pictures of us diving and the foggy mist of the morning!

yeah you left just a tad early before the action happened cause i left too but i came back to see all the divers .. diver said she wasnt comfortable and was already in the drink with all the scuba gear haha she pulled out and wasted a $300 dive :P shouldve gave me the gear and i wouldve camped on the bottom waiting for the school to come overhead :P

If you snagged me i wouldve pulled you for a Drink ;) hahaha :toothy9:

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:32 pm

I have pictures too....from a few days back :-)

On the way back. it was 10C in Rye around 2PM. Too foggy. Cant see the pier. Even the ship horns were full blast due to poor visibility.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”