Blairgowrie/Sorrento/Portsea 18hrs of FISHING!!

vinhii

Blairgowrie/Sorrento/Portsea 18hrs of FISHING!!

Post by vinhii » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:39 pm

YEP! YOU READ RIGHT! 18hrs of FISHING!

So yesterday i decided to try out all 3 places in one night & day!! :whoh: :water:

So i headed out alil later than expected! Was ment to meet up with Brett and say g`day and friendly meet! But got detoured , Sorry buddy! but he still enjoyed his Nice warm cozy fire he had waiting for him at home hahaha :thumbsup:

Blairgowrie:- Ok so heres the report :)

Got there set-up camp and started to go for Squid and nothing else.. took a good 1hr before we landed our first Squid then the rest followed after that.. heaps of peeps there from the start to finish, As people came and went i stayed and continued for Squid. Got enough then headed off to next location.

Sorrento:- Got there at sunrise, Already 3 blokes there with like 10 rods all rigged for Squid.. So i tried it out for couple hours.. threw down a line to see if i could catch anything... and caught a Banjo Shark.. TWICE!! :down:
After no hits.. by noon i decided to go next location.

Portsea:- Arrived at noon.. and already there were plenty of people catching garfish as they came in by the school loads... it was a frenzy lol :fishing:
i went to the end of the pier cause thats the only spot i could get :? And threw down a line too.. while i was going for squid my other line had a huge snap and ring from the bell... but sadly i missed it. Couldve been the monster i been chasing. :set1_fishing:

So after a long night then morning then arvo and day... my conclusion is this.. Fishing for 18hrs and after 3 different locations... i think Blairgowrie is my winner by far for now.

Happy Fishing Boys and Girls and Take Care out there cause its pretty cold ;)
:gone:
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Blairgowrie/Sorrento/Portsea 18hrs of FISHING!!

Post by Brett » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Hahaha atleast you got something, 3hrs in the cold for nothing on my part, next time I'm gonna have a few other options planned before I go lol

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:52 pm

Hahaha i was warm , i always wear my snow gear haha, thermo mask and all :P!
Yeah haha keeping other options open is a good idea LOL! ..
Last night i was in a rush and didnt bring my Diving gear.. but boy how i wished i DID!!! lol oh well haha

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:05 pm

blairgowrie is cursed (as far as my catch from that place is concerned). I arrived late today. The party was over. The salmon were gone when I came.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CremeDeLaCreme
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CremeDeLaCreme » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:17 pm

nice report vinhii - you are hardcore!
Addicted to fishing since 1973

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Fish-cador :- yeah you were a day late.. a bloke told me he caught big salmon there at the end... measuring 80cm in length and that is average for the school that came in. As for today... the salmon moved to sorrento lol forgot to mention in my report that one of the three guys caught salmon.. and the guys on the boat just past the Wall at Blairgowrie were cutting sick on the salmon.

Cremedelacreme - Hahaha thanks buddy. Just not enough time to fish :( i wanted to keep going onwards till tonight LOL.

Beno

Post by Beno » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Your a keen fisherman Vinhii driving around everywhere lol! Good to hear you got something. Me and svensson tried for hours at Balnarring but didn't catch one thing...... except a weedfish LOL!
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:23 am

Looool!! yeah guess i am pretty keen hahaa! ..
damn what were you aiming for at Balnarring??

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:34 am

yeah yeah, I am always in the right place at the wrong time Bangg

so, what is the latest schedule of the salmon visit? One guy told me it was 7AM on sunday. Then I went back and someone told me the salmon are ALWAYS in Blairgowrie around 1130AM-12PM. Who is telling the truth? :dontknow At least I saw some fish caught 7AM...
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:51 am

when it gets alil warmer.. or better conditions i find that the salmon are around. (cause ive dived amongst them around 2am till early morning during summer)

I know that on a good day during the morning from 5-6am to 7-8am the salmon / whiting / trevally come in, by the school loads.

On a bad day.. they are just past the wall. and only way to get there is by boat lol.

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”