jam jerrup critters 14/8/11

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

jam jerrup critters 14/8/11

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:36 pm

fished with 3 other guys off Vyak last sunday 14/8 so a quick report

met up with Gary at around 8.15 am and between setting up and a chat it was about 9 am by the time we launched ( this suited the tide )
Mel arrived just before we headed out and steve the toad magnet must have turned up soon after that
anyway there were no muddy feet with enough water to wheel the yak right to the edge
got to love it when a plan comes together

we all headed into our special spots gary drew first blood with what looked to be a meter+ fish I moved down out side the bluff
there seamed to be a lot of pickers and I fitted a small 3/0 circle to a whiting rod ( a cheap Ebay rod with a $13 ebay reel and $ 9.00 ebay braid ) and wouldn't you know it my first gummy for the day took it a nice 95 Cm fish and a keeper
the drag got a work out
I got 1 more just sized gummy that was caught and released from there

we didn't get to see the fun steve was having it seams he hooked the biggest eagle ray he had seen and it gave him a proper work out ( the water is warming and the eagles are back they have been quite all winter)

after moving again and not doing very well and those dam pickers getting the baits
I paddled down past stockyard point this was about high tide I anchoured up in 8.5 meters at the bottom of the drop off
and in quite short time got to boat 5 more gumbos one of these was under sized
and the biggest of them was just over the meter caught again on my cheapy whiting rod

I heard mal got a nice gummy
and gary had a fish at 115 cm and one around a meter

you could not have asked for a better day on the water sun shine ,no wind ,flat as a tack and fish

the water temps were showing 11 deg in most places and 12 deg near stockyard for those interested the red carp must be getting close

My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: jam jerrup critters 14/8/11

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:21 am

Had thought about launching my tinnie there, so I had better pull my finger out and go.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: jam jerrup critters 14/8/11

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:37 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:Had thought about launching my tinnie there, so I had better pull my finger out and go.
if you watch your tides you can get in and out of lang lang ramp it is shallow though most small boat launch off the side

we launch the yaks there if theres water other than that we launch at jam jerrup in front of the car park for stockyard point

give it a go for sure

cheater
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”