I've been a bit slack on reports lately

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

I've been a bit slack on reports lately

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:30 pm

from the 18/9/11 eight of us launched from Lang Lang boat ramp some at 8 am and a few before that time

above a few of the bunch

most setted in to catch some subs I headed further on I wonted to give the reds a go first
It was an easy paddle down near spit point 5Km with the tide and that tide does make it easier

anyway there were quite a few boats parked up along there in the deeper water near spit point and I was off to the side of them and shallower in about 5 - 5.5 meters and I got a lot of marks about a meter off the bottom
so droped the pick and set up I was getting a lot of bites - small and landed a couple of rock cod but there were a couple
of these same bite that when I lifted the rod there was quite bit of weight but droped them
any way the third time I got what I thought was a rock cod bite and had way to much weight for one of the slimy buggers
I thumbed the OH and let rip seting the hook
this fish was on to my surprise a 72 Cm snapper - pretty happy camper when that was in the net

also picked up a small but sized gummy in the same area

the tide was coming in and the wind had swung to the south - how good was that for the paddle back ( tide and wind behind me )
met up with the rest of the crew down near the bluff

on moving out wider one more fish came my way a bloody elephant fish I'm sure this little guy was lost

so a mixed bag for me
with a snapper and gummy keepers and an ellie returned

the same day one of the guys we were out with hooked a 6'+ threaser in only 90cm of water
he got a realy good veiw of it as it surfaced and took off - about a 30 sec run and it bit though the leader

over 20 gummys were landed between the 8 yaks on the day most were returned

just goes to show you never know what shows up in westernport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
casey feilds 28/9/11

My neices you bloke wonted me to take him fishing he's 5 almost 6 so I though take him to Casey Feilds they restock the lake for the school holidays and there is a play ground if he got board

anyway we found a spot that we could get a few rods in the water set up and waited after about an hour the little bloke was on with a rainbow 28 Cm jumping out of the water good action .In fact the perfect fish it had swallowed the hook so even the slack line at times from young up and coming fisho didn't let the fish free itself

so Damo landed his first fish a 28 cm rainbow

above the pic says it all

we lost quite a few baits to we think yabbies and I got one trout at 30.5 cm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reef island coronet bay 2/10/11

I arrived at the beach at the end of Bluff rd Coronet bay about 9.00 am and got that yak set up
about 9.30 2 other Vyakkers arrived also got set up and we pumped a few nippers before heading out

it was nearing the bottom of the tide so Kel and myself headed down outside bass landing and mark stayed close to the car park having only a short time to fish
anyway with all the rain is was pretty dirty and impossable to find the sand patches so it was pot luck if you were on weed or not
it was still clear enough for the mutant toads to find my bait caught 8 of them in that area also picked up a 31 cm whiting and a leather jacket from the same area - Kel got a small flatty and it has me buggered how he never got a toad
the wind got up a bit it had to be a good 15 kts+ sth/east and the sea got a little bumpy so we moved back around the island
to get out of the wind

we fished out front of the car park on the weed line I got 3 more toads and a couple of whiting a keeper at 35 cm and 1 under size returned - also got a small but size salmon returned

so it was very slow going except those bloody toads
but with the water as dirty as it was any fish were probly a bonus

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coronet bay 9/10/11

meet up with Kel this morning at Coronet bay set up and paddled/peddled toward the Corinella end of the beach
parked up in about 3 meters of water on broken ground almost straight away I was getting bites and landed 4 whiting quite quicky ( kept 3 and send one back ) the 3 kept went 29 cm and the other was right on size - I normaly keep above 30s

anyway Kel although quite close didn't get a bite and after that short sesson the whiting moved on - so did we

next spot I couldn't loose a bait where as Kel couldn't keep a bait on the hook - then couldn't keep a hook on the line he had found a few leater jackets and wasn't having any luck
I move over close to him removed the sinker and floated the baits down ( leather jackets have more trouble getting baits off if the bait is unweighted )
I hooked up and landed a nice blue leather jacket and let Kel in on taking the sinker off
he got 1 and I got 2 more then they cleared out
time to move and then move and then move for no more results
then there were 3 mutant toads

later in the arvo kel picked up 2 more leather jacket and I got 1 more whiting under size

so there it is a few fish the whiting were slow - hard to find but its still early and they will come on more in the next few weeks

so there is the last 4 weeks now with daylight saving I hope to get out a bit after work as well

cheater
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Fish-Hunter

Re: I've been a bit slack on reports lately

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:34 am

Thanks for the updated reports .

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: I've been a bit slack on reports lately

Post by Brett » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:02 am

Well done Cheater, always good to read your reports :)

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”