My 4 year old son gets his first snapper....

azkay

Re: My 4 year old son gets his first snapper....

Post by azkay » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:40 am

What a great post! Great work :)
Az.

gecko61

Post by gecko61 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 am

that's what fishing is all about mate. great to see the smile on the young fellow. another snapper fisherman that will be hooked for life lol

hskim00

Post by hskim00 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:02 pm

Dr Drift wrote: My 4year old son got his first snapper. His grandpa was only holding the end off the butt with one hand and his jumper to make sure he didn't fall over the side! How do I post video?

What a great scene!! Considering only 4 years old, still handing the rod and fish pretty well. My little boy just turned the same age but wouldn't be as good as yours.

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:11 pm

hskim00 wrote:
Dr Drift wrote: My 4year old son got his first snapper. His grandpa was only holding the end off the butt with one hand and his jumper to make sure he didn't fall over the side! How do I post video?

What a great scene!! Considering only 4 years old, still handing the rod and fish pretty well. My little boy just turned the same age but wouldn't be as good as yours.

u would be surprised hskim00! Take ur son out for a short squid session afew times and before u know it he will be reeling like a pro... I also got him a cheap rod $10 kmart with the spinning lights and tied a rubber ball on the end and he plays pretend at home and cast like a pro(sometimes...lol)..... he plays on the boat at home all the time and loves to pretend to drive, anchor, cast, fish than even netting a catch(wild imaginations kids)....

Ill find the pic but the first time I took my son on the tub was when he was 2months old up.... since than he comes all the time weather permitting... but yea they learn quick just give ur son a go u be surprised how quick he picks it up!
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

corza

Post by corza » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:26 pm

Awesome stuff! I'd love to do that with my kid one day!

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:32 am

Thanks to all comments....

for those comments saying cant wait to take their kids out.... got to start somewhere, never to young....

Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

forestedge

Post by forestedge » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:48 am

Nice fish great work job well done!! something to remember :woohoo:

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”