TO HOT TO FISH!

kaotay

Re: TO HOT TO FISH!

Post by kaotay » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Not long to go for the cool change.....
[edit - it's coming a little sooner, maybe by 5:30pm]
cold front.jpg
Last edited by kaotay on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:36 pm

ducky wrote:Turn it up fellas. I've been getting heated off work at 35 every day this week and then fishing for 2-3 hours. It's not that bad if you don't think about it and concentrate on the fishing. Haha.
I'm with ducky on this one as well. Some people here are soft as. Plus if you fish in the evening, I find the temperature is near ideal. I'm debating whether I should head out before the cool change comes in...

Re: The Carp, I dunno, I'm experiencing the same sort of difficulties myself lately - they're not interested in anything I put in front of them, dunno if it's the weather, the time of year or what...
Winners forget they're in a race. They just love to run.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:57 pm

ducky wrote:Bread dougie, tear bread into pieces and throw it into the area. Wait for the carp to come. Put a small piece of bread unweighted on the hook. Dip it in the water for cast weight
When you see them sight cast to them. Hold on.

Tried this as well, I'll get one eventually!
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Cornacarpio wrote:
ducky wrote:Turn it up fellas. I've been getting heated off work at 35 every day this week and then fishing for 2-3 hours. It's not that bad if you don't think about it and concentrate on the fishing. Haha.
I'm with ducky on this one as well. Some people here are soft as. Plus if you fish in the evening, I find the temperature is near ideal. I'm debating whether I should head out before the cool change comes in...

Re: The Carp, I dunno, I'm experiencing the same sort of difficulties myself lately - they're not interested in anything I put in front of them, dunno if it's the weather, the time of year or what...
That's a pretty ignorant call saying people are soft for not fishing in 40+ deg temperatures. I started at 5am every morning this week to do my 8 hours and get home out of the heat in the arvo. It doesn't mean I'm soft just old enough and smart enough to know that there are plenty of other days to go fishing when it's more favourable.

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:46 pm

Calling people to soft to fish in 40degree days is akin to being affected by sun stroke I think.
Ambos today in 1 hour got called to a cardiac arrest every 6 minutes.
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:31 pm

shazdoggg wrote:IMO some ppl need to harden the fk up :rofl:. I was beaching on monday, fishing on tues arvo and got a decent flatty to add to the comp(when i register), a small bream and dropped another nice flatty at my feet :doh1: . Yesterday arvo was beaching aswell! Today spent all day at the aus open! The heat kept a lot of punters away :thumbsup: At least we had room to walk around :thumbsup: Im blacker than a biafran from being out so much, but at least Ive had fun :sun:
agree..you got to have a crack even if your just pissing in the wind
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:08 pm

barra mick wrote:
shazdoggg wrote:IMO some ppl need to harden the fk up :rofl:. I was beaching on monday, fishing on tues arvo and got a decent flatty to add to the comp(when i register), a small bream and dropped another nice flatty at my feet :doh1: . Yesterday arvo was beaching aswell! Today spent all day at the aus open! The heat kept a lot of punters away :thumbsup: At least we had room to walk around :thumbsup: Im blacker than a biafran from being out so much, but at least Ive had fun :sun:
agree..you got to have a crack even if your just pissing in the wind
When I urinate in windy weather outdoors I like to have the wind at my back, not sure about you or the relevance pissing in the wind has to do with going out when its hot. Either way, Im not a young child(some may disagree) or a senior citizen, so getting out when its warm doesnt worry me
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”