to many swimmers at kerferd

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: to many swimmers at kerferd

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:17 am

ive never seen people vacate the waters on a hot day so quickly than when i pulled my biggest fish yet a 1.3m port jackson shark, the shark was too big to drag up portsea pier, so i walked the fish along the pier all the way to the beach to land it, people were literally walking on water to get out of the way lolllll, ill never forget that day...

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:21 am

LOL that is bloody hilarious especially given theyre pretty much harmless hahaha
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:34 am

ahahaha yeah, but i didnt know it at that stage and im sure neither of the people that were scurrying away did either, didnt help the fact thats almost every kid and some adults were screaming SHARK SHARK, i had the fish swimming just under the surface of the water, from the pier where i was standing it looked awsome with the tail swaying just like a normal shark does... after beaching it we had a massive crowd of bystanders peering over us while we attempted to get the hooks out, i was using a wire trace and the hook was swallowed, eventually one of the guys from the diving school came down and using his knife and cut the wire off and we ut the fish back in
i got my cousin to record the whole thing, but later on found out that everything was recorded in slowmotion FFs lolllll

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:40 am

purple5ive wrote:ahahaha yeah, but i didnt know it at that stage and im sure neither of the people that were scurrying away did either, didnt help the fact thats almost every kid and some adults were screaming SHARK SHARK, i had the fish swimming just under the surface of the water, from the pier where i was standing it looked awsome with the tail swaying just like a normal shark does... after beaching it we had a massive crowd of bystanders peering over us while we attempted to get the hooks out, i was using a wire trace and the hook was swallowed, eventually one of the guys from the diving school came down and using his knife and cut the wire off and we ut the fish back in
i got my cousin to record the whole thing, but later on found out that everything was recorded in slowmotion FFs lolllll
Great story! :thumbsup: You can play it in slow motion just for a laugh!

kaotay

Post by kaotay » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:48 pm

purple5ive wrote:ive never seen people vacate the waters on a hot day so quickly than when i pulled my biggest fish yet a 1.3m port jackson shark, the shark was too big to drag up portsea pier, so i walked the fish along the pier all the way to the beach to land it, people were literally walking on water to get out of the way lolllll, ill never forget that day...
After reading on this forum about sharks and rays, and hooking up to a few first hand, I found myself returning to the shallows sooner than I normally would've when I went snorkelling today.
I think most people would be surprised at the number and size of sharks that are around, quite close to shore. I'm probably too paranoid and the chances of an attack are slim, but now that I've caught a few, I know they're around, and they swim way faster than me :shark:

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”