favourite squid jig

trewy2428

favourite squid jig

Post by trewy2428 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:32 am

Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a few new jigs and am wondering what are your favourite and proven jigs. I mainly fish mount Martha and Mornington so I tend to use 2-2.5 jigs mainly with a red foil. I personally like the harimitsu and yamashita jigs.

What are your favourites?

slinga

Re: favourite squid jig

Post by slinga » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:41 am

Sephia 04T/37T and the White Keimura.
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

vinalf

Post by vinalf » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:42 am

I think you have it nailed..... :victory:

I do well with those in same area and same colour.

:fishing:

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:44 am

AR, AK, AC are my standouts. If you cant catch with those three, somethings wrong! Recently got some OEM-22 CDC size 3.0 from japan which look the goods! Had lots of success with surecatch glow jig in size 4. $4 jig that outfishes $30 jigs in the right conditions!!
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:47 am

I don't have a favourite jig, it's more the color and size for conditions but one thing I do know is that you can catch plenty of squid on cheap jigs, spending a fortune is not going to guarantee you a fish

trewy2428

Post by trewy2428 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Yeah the cheap ones definalty work on there day, although I find the expensive ones are more consistent and better on days where the fishing is a bit quiet.

Adamgraham

Post by Adamgraham » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:01 pm

I tend to use bright oranges and dark greens, They have been working pretty well for me at night time

fishermanbaoweezy

Post by fishermanbaoweezy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Yamashita jigs ;)
YAMASHITA PRO STAFF

http://www.instagram.com/fishermanbao" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/fishermanbao" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

anth2013

Post by anth2013 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:26 pm

trewy2428 wrote:Yeah the cheap ones definalty work on there day, although I find the expensive ones are more consistent and better on days where the fishing is a bit quiet.
Expenisve jigs always the best than cheaper its finish quality example cloth cheaper rip off easily and its float nicely not sink too fast unlike cheaper one i rarely ever use cheap jigs i rate them poorly made i hav few and doesnt last long since then never buy again. :tongue:

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”