Land Based fishing in the Western Suburbs

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Land Based fishing in the Western Suburbs

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:55 pm

bradsmith wrote:, you guys being the experienced fisherman should pass on your knowledge and feel good about it.

encourage the up and comers to do better even give them some helpful hints and if you didnt concern yourself with what anyone else was doing then why would you be on a 'public' forum?

last night i went down to the werribee river entrance.. walked about about knee deep found some fresh pipis in the sand for bait and i caught my first whiting :) it was only small but i still had fun.
and how did we get on to the topic of centrelink kings
Please familiarise yourself with the rules and regs in relation to the collection of shellfish in port phillip bay.

Whilst I highly recommend the use of fresh pipis, the collection of shellfish in the intertidal zone is actually prohibited for port phillip bay.

A person can collect certain shellfish but it must be in water at least 2 metres deep or more.

If you did this for example at Venus Bay or Point Lonsdale it would not be a problem.

However you are allowed to collect worms, and bass yabbies which are also dynamite on Whiting or bream or bass.

bradsmith

Post by bradsmith » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:54 am

woahhh i had no idea! thats interesting. i thought it was only abalone.. pipis included dayumm
Schnappppeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:23 am

Try out the whiting whackers in their various forms, trout flies can substitute.

http://www.seatac.org.au/Calendar/Whiting.pdf

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”