Mordi

kevinprasad1

Mordi

Post by kevinprasad1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:33 pm

Just wondering how the bite is at mordialloc. hoping to get down this weekend and get a few pinkies on softplastics or squid
Last edited by kevinprasad1 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freakazoid

Re: Rickets point

Post by Freakazoid » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Um isn't Rickets point a marine sanctuary...ie. no fishing

kevinprasad1

Re: Rickets point

Post by kevinprasad1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:59 am

Freakazoid wrote:Um isn't Rickets point a marine sanctuary...ie. no fishing
Sorry, i should have been more specific we head out from mordi towards rickets point
But we dont go all the way to the sanctuary we just stop on reefs in beamauris bay.
Sorry again

stona

Re: Mordi

Post by stona » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:29 am

Mordi pier was quiet last night before sunset dredging probably didn't help.

One old fella was pulling in good sized bream on live yabbies right at the river mouth off the pier.

I would love to catch a flathead on soft plastics landbased and i live 500m north of mordi pier.

Anyone recommend a good spot to have a go? I really want to tick this one off my "caught one list"

thanks for any advice in advance.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:31 am

theres a few pinkies atm but only the cigggarette packet sized ones..
lets hope the bigger ones turn up soon

for landbased flatties. you need to go try the beaches when the tide is lower, or even the pier should be fine
use a paddle tail plastic and MAKE SURE its on the bottom. thats the key

cheers

stona

Post by stona » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:37 am

Thanks purple5ive Ill give it a go tomorrow morning wind should be nice and low and low tide around 8:30am

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:49 am

no worries, if you can find someone to take you on a boat then they are easier to locate, they are everywhere atm, you will def catch them on a plastic..
cheers

kevinprasad1

Post by kevinprasad1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:04 am

stona wrote:Mordi pier was quiet last night before sunset dredging probably didn't help.

One old fella was pulling in good sized bream on live yabbies right at the river mouth off the pier.

I would love to catch a flathead on soft plastics landbased and i live 500m north of mordi pier.

Anyone recommend a good spot to have a go? I really want to tick this one off my "caught one list"

thanks for any advice in advance.
thanks for that advice stona
I have caught flathead in mordi closer to the pier on the north side
only few on plastics so far
try flattie bumping if you want to go land based, pick a heavier weight and make sure you hit the bottom after high raises

rafei1

Post by rafei1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:44 pm

mordi is doing well on pinkies but not on size, u can catch plenty of pinkies maybe on plastics u can get the bigger sizes so good luck, saw quite a few breams caught from there and Australian salmon are around at times, so good luck.
Best so far: 47cm aus salmon, 41cm mullet, 40cm king George whiting , 38cm Bream, 35cm flathead, 33 cm pinky, squid 20cm. 2 sting rays caught caught, 1 took a rod as a souvenir. Need to catch snapper... :fish11:

kevinprasad1

Post by kevinprasad1 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:14 am

rafei1 wrote:mordi is doing well on pinkies but not on size, u can catch plenty of pinkies maybe on plastics u can get the bigger sizes so good luck, saw quite a few breams caught from there and Australian salmon are around at times, so good luck.
Thanks rafei1 i will definitely use plastics.
has anyone caught any squid in the area ?

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”