AVG_Fisho's Family Fishing Day Out.

AVG_Fisho

AVG_Fisho's Family Fishing Day Out.

Post by AVG_Fisho » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:45 am

Yesterday, 23/3/14, I convinced My Mum And sister to take a day trip to go fishing in some new places.

We decided on heading to rye pier, Making a few stops on the way, those stops being mornington pier and mt martha rocks.

At the first stop, Mornington, We threw some Squid jigs around hoping for a Squid or 2.
After a few Jig Changes and 45 minutes had passed by resulting in no fish, My mum And sister Got Bored and so we headed off to our next Spot.

At the Seconds stop, Mt Martha Rocks, the wind had picked up so we decided to skip The rocks and head on to rye, Stopping at mt Marts rocks on The way back.

On the drive to rye pier, we decided to change the plans yet again, and go to blairgowrie pier instead.

3rd Stop, Blairgowrie.
At Blairgowrie, As we walked along the pier, My mum Got excited by all the squid ink on the pier and decided to cast a squid jig out as i was tying new rigs for everyone, and just as i Finish Tying a bait rig for my sister i Hear my mum scream with excitement yelling "Damon!" "I got a Fish!", as she was reeling in her catch i baited my sisters hooks and told her how to cast out, then got over to my mum to help her get the squid in.

After lifting it up, i Promptly got squirted by the squid, With water luckily and after unhooking it, because Mum was too scared to do it herself, my sister caught a toadie, after letting it go, it was fairly quiet after that, And we didn't see another fish caught in the time we were there.

After packing up there, we headed back to mt martha rocks for 45 minutes.
I re tied some rigs again and casted a bait out, and after reeling in the big surf rod to check for bait i see a fish on my hook, not sure what the fish was i put a glove on to handle and unhook it then i released the fish and rebaited, And as i went to cast out my line snapped mid cast and after retying the rig, i went to cast again, same thing happened, and after saying a few naughty words i re riged and tried again and this time i succeeded, although not catching anything, so we decided to head of back home.

All in all we had a good day and definitely looking forward to next time.

Cheers.
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Re: AVG_Fisho's Family Fishing Day Out.

Post by poodoo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:51 am

Nice report mate! :thumbsup: Sounds like a good day with the family!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:07 am

good to see you got something..
at Blgowrie next time try some floats or garfish rig with some prawn or pillie cut into small pieces and just drop near the pier
lots of tommy rough there to keep you occupied.
cheers

spudtrans
Has liked: 30 times

Post by spudtrans » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:41 pm

great report, thankyou sounds like a great day out

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:34 am

Yeah, It was good!

Thanks Purple5ive, I'll Try that next time.
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”