Scraglors non rhyming fishing reports

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Scraglors non rhyming fishing reports

Post by Scraglor » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:26 am

Hi guys,

Figured I might start posting reports when I go out. As I head out fairly regularly thought I might just start a thread and consolidate them in there rather than starting a heap of new ones. I fish mainly from mordi down through to mornington, and mostly land based although I do get out on the boat a little bit too. As I'm soon to be moving down to Frankston I will probably be exploring down there a bit too.

I'll start off I guess last sat morning dad and I headed out off mornington in the boat. Wasn't a hugely busy morning, although we kept about 15-20 flatties. We only kept the reasonable sized ones over 32 or so cm. must have thrown back at least 40-50 little ones. We were hoping for a snapper or gummy but it wasn't to be. We also got onto a just legal pinky which went back, a couple of small seven gillers and a few banjos, one of which went 7.2kg. Everything went back except enough flatties for dinner.

Even without a huge amount of action, it was a great day to be out with the bay glassed out at times.

I'll try and get photos in future as I know everyone loves a few pics. I'm planning to go check out Martha rocks for a couple of hours tonight. Hopefully that goes well.
Last edited by Scraglor on Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Scraglors fishing reports

Post by purple5ive » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:44 am

Great,
might see you around as im from the area, so is avg_fisho and few others

cheers

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:35 am

Good report I only keep flathead over 30cm as well keep sending them in

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:27 pm

Haha. Awesome. I might bump into you guys. Ill keep my eyes peeled. Anyhow;

Mt martha rocks 31/3/14.

Got down about 45 minutes before dark with plans to pack up just before it got dark. Bay was glassed out and was an awesome warm sunset vut possibly not the best fishing conditions. Anyhow, as I started to pack up one rod went off and I brought in a 31cm flatty. I was in two minds whether to keep it but as I didnt have anything else I brought him home for dinner. 5 minutes more I thought. No sooner had the rod gone back in but I was onto a nice 35cm whiting. Dinner for tomorrow too! After that it was the usual plagues of small pinkies. Final tally 1 flatty, 1 whiting, 7 small pinkies. Was an awesome night for it and came home with a meal so im pretty happy. First time at Martha. Will definitely be back...

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:36 pm

Got to be happy with that

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:42 pm

Yeah. Definitely. Hehe. Ill put some pics up when I get home

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:46 pm

Thanks for the post Scraglor.

I fish the rocks Mt Martha, it's a nice spot and always something interesting happening there.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Scraglor

Post by Scraglor » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:08 pm

Dinner :dinner:
Attachments
20140331_225613.jpg

Scraglor

Re: Scraglors non rhyming fishing reports

Post by Scraglor » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Blairgowrie Pier - 13/4/14

So went down to Blairgowrie for a couple of hours. Thought as the mrs was coming better take more rods and try for a few different things, as she prefers bait soaking to luring.

Turns out I once again learnt the hard way you are better off targetting one thing and doing it well, missed a few good bites on the bait rods, and didnt spend enough time on the jigs to work them properly.

Also, it seems everyone fishes the harbour side of that pier, even though there are signs up saying no fishing?

All in all it was better than sitting at home, even if all I got was a few wrasse and the smallest pinky ever (like 60mm)

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Scraglors non rhyming fishing reports

Post by Basti » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:39 pm

I've seen it mentioned on here that those no fishing signs are not official fisheries signs, and its only to keep people from snagging the boats. I haven't verified this

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”