SP SP SP equals flatty flatty flatty and pinky pinky pinky

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

SP SP SP equals flatty flatty flatty and pinky pinky pinky

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:53 pm

here is my report for today. Straight from work, I headed to St Kilda Pier and tossed some SP. Mind you I was the only angler wearing leather/dress shoes out there. :lol: With SP and jigs secured in the belt/bum bag and a plastic bag tucked in the pocket, I slowly walked the length of the pier casting every now and then. It started slow but I persevered. My first fish was huge...a spiny popper fish about the size of a rock melon. :shocker: :angry: Around 730PM, hooked my first flatty at 46 cm. A few minutes later, I snagged the second one inches away from where I pulled first one. It was smaller at 45cm. :super: Then the pinkies came. Landed 4, only 1 keeper and dropped 2 decent pinkies. The J-Hook became I-Hook. :angry: Bloody Berkley Nitro bream jigs.....too soft. :angry: Around 9PM as I was planning to leave, I landed my 3rd flatty, also at 45cm. :super:

Cant complain! less than 3 hours of tossing SP, 10 hook ups, 4 fish in the bag. Some nice pinkies caught before dark. I will be needing gars for bait. Will hit Brett's rocks tomorrow for some yakka, gar and cala. :tongue:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

vinhii

Re: SP SP SP equals flatty flatty flatty and pinky pinky pin

Post by vinhii » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:37 am

nice stuff lol when we go diving, i always notice flatheads travel in pairs always not far from each other lol..

i dived at bretts rocks too , heaps of salmon ;) goodluck
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”