Killing Toadfish for no reason

did you know it was illegal to kill toad fish in victoria waters if not eating them

Poll ended at Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Yes
44%
No
56%
unsure of the rules as the fishing guide has it tucked in the back of the book and i didn't get that far
No votes

Total votes: 16

Bobby

Re: Killing Toadfish for no reason

Post by Bobby » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Good on you Steve for bringing up the topic. If you are going to kill them it should be done humanely. WHen I was young I remember how my dad used to kill banjo sharks, stingrays and eagle rays and European carp. I think and hope we have moved on from that way of doing things. Good fishing guys and can anyone tell me if fish can hear people speaking loudly on boats because my dad would get very angry with the new immigrants when they talked too loudly in the whiting grounds.
The big fish is a day closer.

wookster

Re: Killing Toadfish for no reason

Post by wookster » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:48 am

Bobby wrote:Good on you Steve for bringing up the topic. If you are going to kill them it should be done humanely. WHen I was young I remember how my dad used to kill banjo sharks, stingrays and eagle rays and European carp. I think and hope we have moved on from that way of doing things. Good fishing guys and can anyone tell me if fish can hear people speaking loudly on boats because my dad would get very angry with the new immigrants when they talked too loudly in the whiting grounds.
The big fish is a day closer.
Yep, they can hear mate. Sound travels better underwater than it does through air so anything you can hear would be louder down there. To give you an idea, i was diving off Cambodia and we heard a dynamite charge go off. Sounded close so we came up, got to the surface and there wasnt another boat to be seen, and no-one on our boat had heard a thing. So quiet as possible is best for sure.

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”