Local Fishing

azkay

Local Fishing

Post by azkay » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Haven't reported in a while. Simply because haven't really had much to report back with. I'm land based (salt) in Melbourne but I usually don't mind a drive so I had done a few successful trips up the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and out Mornington way. Lately I've switched focus to a few of the popular local spots. I was always curious about how they were this time of the year so I thought what better way then to go and see myself. By local I'm referring to Docklands, St Kilda, Williamstown and Port Melbourne. I've been 3-4 times a week for the past few weeks. Very hit and miss from what I can see, did spot some nice fish in buckets, met some quality local fisho's and caught a few myself too. But quite a few nights in the last few weeks for donuts as well..

Must admit though these spots can get very full. I don't really mind, generally fish 2 rods (max allowed at some local spots anyway), both baits, mostly catch and release (unless something nice for that night's dinner comes along) and with a straight cast the crowd isin't much of a problem. Most places usually have a good feel about them. I don't mind sharing with people around me (bait, knife, scissors, sinkers, net, etc) especially if the stuff I'm using tends to be doing well and I get the same vibe from most of the serious fisho's around me as well which is always nice..

That's my few cents worth for those interested..

Here's a couple of photos from my recent endeavours..
Attachments
Released Baby Gummy.jpg
Released Baby Gummy.jpg (7.58 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Bream & Pinky 30Plus.jpg
Bream & Pinky 30Plus.jpg (29.12 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Az.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Local Fishing

Post by Nude up » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Nice bream and pinky going local means you can go more often, when you have less time available, when you have more time have an away trip.

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”