Olivers Hill report. 24th/25th

AVG_Fisho

Olivers Hill report. 24th/25th

Post by AVG_Fisho » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:03 pm

Fished olivers hill rocks on the 24th for 3 hours, Resulting in 1 41cm pinky, which was released, But although i caught a nice fish i didn't enjoy the time i spent there as i grabbed squid heads which were supposed to be in the other freezer, instead of my fresh squid i had caught a few days beforehand, and because i was fishing at sunset, to dark, i needed a light, Which for some reason was not in my bag, which i had pre packed to the night. So after making an idiot of myself by swearing my head off in anger and bitching to my friend, i decided to call it quits and head home.

The the next morning at 5am i got up and my friend ben, My Dad and i Decided to go out in the boat, At 6:30 we left and by 7:00 we were on the water, beautifull conditions, looking like a good day.

We headed over to our squid spot to get some bait, and after we snagged up 3 squid we headed over to another spot hoping for some flathead or keeper pinky's.
After fishing for 20 minutes, and catching roughly 50 undersize pinkys, We moved spots and went to one of our favourite spots.

At this spot we caught 2 red mullet, 2 pike, 1 Slimey, 1 couta, another 50 undersize pinkys and a wrasse, Most let go, although we kept 1 red mullet, as it was hooked really deep and would have died if we let it go anyway, so kept for the pan, the 1 barracuda and the slimey, which dad wanted to use as bait for something bigger later on.

Was A Fairly average day, But still Had a ball and was great to be out fishing with my best mate and my dad.

cheers.
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Olivers Hill report. 24th/25th

Post by raco09 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 pm

good report mate. better than being stuck at home. And even better that you had the chance to fish with your dad. :a_goodjob:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Freakazoid

Re: Olivers Hill report. 24th/25th

Post by Freakazoid » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Nice work :victory:
The Couta makes awesome snapper bait..it's like ocean chocolate

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”