We seem to be more active now!

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: We seem to be more active now!

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Rod Bender wrote: I would just like to see more freshwater people on here!!!! This will happen eventually. Also would be good to see more pics of people's trips. After saying that I know I don't contribute much in the way of current pics of fish but I'm sure people can get a quick pic of their catches for their reports.
thanks
Jim
I agree this site has kicked on from the early days

I'm going to try to do a bit more fresh water myself but it's harder to find good fresh water spots close and being within 30 min of ether westernport or PPB make me a bit of a salt head.

to give you an Idea on my lack of skill with this fresh water stuff, we have a species comp over on the kayak forum and they had bonus points for carp over a 2 month period
I couldn't even catch one of these things

I do wont to give the cod a try when things open up again
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:10 pm

[cancelled
Last edited by malleestump on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

St3vil

Post by St3vil » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:53 pm

G'day Jim,

Mate i grew up on Fresh water fishing but haven't been trout fishing since i moved to the Peninsula 7 years ago. On my move here i snapped my fly rod but now that i have my Surtees i want to try to get up to the snowy's and chase some of those big trout on the lakes. Gotta say i love fishing the Snowy river and little creeks around NE Vic.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:55 pm

An influx of new members! Looking good.
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Taleb

delete

Post by Taleb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:48 pm

delete
Last edited by Taleb on Thu May 23, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:38 am

Taleb wrote:Was watching adventure bound and lee rayner was up in the snowy mountains during spawning season fishing the rivers (I think off lake eppalock) and every fish he pulled up was a trophy fish. The browns were massive.

As for carp, was wondering when they spawn because I went tonfish my local carp spot and for once I didn't get any bites, I could see the carp flapping about on the banks, wasn't sure if they were doing their thing, if so, how long will it last for?
Eppalock is near Bendigo so you may be mistaken with that one!!! I think carp may be spawning now. Not sure if this affects their ability to feed, hence not being captured. I can only guess that they may spawn around spring time and therefore may be nearly finished. However, if you have only just noticed this behaviour, perhaps they have just started.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:01 pm

yep the splashing around in the shallows is a sure sign that they are spawning. and Jim i will start posting some fresh water stuff as soon as i can find some work to get a car and get some fly fishing gear. i love fresh water fishing too and just dont have a way to get out to many good spots just yet. i am looking forward to catching some trout.

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Is there any connection with Fishvic and Fishing Victoria in regards to the people running this site.
I owe Fish-cador an apology. I checked my messages on Fishnet for the 1st time in over a year and there was a post from Fish-cador asking me a question about Mt.Martha salmon. He had new lures he wanted to try out. Sorry for the non reply FC. and yes, i fish at the end of Hearn rd rocks.

Taleb

delete

Post by Taleb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:50 pm

delete
Last edited by Taleb on Thu May 23, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 389 times

Post by fishingvic » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 am

nhillboy wrote:Is there any connection with Fishvic and Fishing Victoria in regards to the people running this site.
None at all, although a fair amount of Fishvic members have crossed over since it closed down.

By the way I asked them for the domain name and the owner wanted over $50,000 to cover his "costs" :whoh:

So I started Fishing Victoria :thumbsup:
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”