Is this site becoming redundant?

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Re: Is this site becoming redundant?

Post by Bayrock » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Long may fishing forums continue, a gathering place for us all to share our sport
Last edited by Bayrock on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:56 pm

Mattblack wrote:Fishing Victoria has been a fantastic resource for me (some great characters on here as well)..hopefully picks up again when people start coming out of hibernation.
Not a fan of Facebook, but Instagram is growing on me.....haven't bought a magazine in quite some time.
Looking forward to seeing what Patrick Dangerfield and Aaron Habgood do with Reeladventures.com.au ....got the potential to be the next big thing for Victorian fishing if they keep at it.
Not a big fan of facebook even though I occasionally check out a few fishing groups. Too many lurkers tagging they mates in where fish are getting caught, too many **** fights and a lot of wannabe heroes.

Seems like with the evolution of social media theres a lot more aspiring pro anglers or self proclaimed guns Danger is jumping on board the bandwagon sucking up free boat's and other sponsorship and for what? Catching a few fish on guided tours and Charters. all show no substance.

Give me the scratchy CH31 productions any day or a show like fishing edge over a lot of the other product selling ventures out there.

Back to this site it's a good escape where you can talk a bit of fishing talk some crap occasionally go overboard but theres not a lot of self promotion or product pushing.

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mingle » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:08 pm

Forums, such as this, are far, far superior when it comes to keeping track of posts and threads.

FB is arse, as many have said. So are pretty much all other "social media" options.

It's just as easy to post photos and pics here, on the forum, and once on, they're pretty much here for ever.

Try finding a 2+ year old post or 'thread' (no real equivalent) on FB - out of luck...

Mike.

Paulanderson
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Paulanderson » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:34 pm

From my point of view the answer is definitely NO! Every post is viewed by hundreds of members within 24 hours and that says a lot. Forums such as Fishing Victoria have a wealth of information both historical and new and whenever a new member has asked for advice almost always it has been provided. Some of the forum members are very experienced fishermen and that knowledge is always available to other members. Information such as when there are tackle shop sales is also shared. There is also a lot of direct contact between members that we do not see. Some members contribute far more regularly than others that likely could contribute more but do not - the same as any such internet forum or social media site. At the end of the day though the forum is as good as we the members make it - those members that do fish regularly but report little are encouraged to also contribute - and not only when they catch fish. To many fishermen a "doughnut" report is just as useful as a report with lots of fish.
So members it is up to us!!! :water:

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:43 pm

This site is fine. I haven’t posted for a while as I get bored with the whole internet thing & so I just go cold turkey for a few months or more with electronics :-D .
I’m also on a couple of other forums which I probably ignore as much but I guess I could just cut n paste my report ;-) .
Sometimes it gets very old & boring when someone makes a post & then some muppet starts trashing the person’s report & then others get involved & it goes off topic.
A while back I was using the WPB FB page & they did (or do?) have a no swearing policy/keep it family & also said people had to post reports (not x marks spot) otherwise it’s a brag post.
Overall this forum has helped me tremendously & hopefully I can still contribute as I carry on.
I’m thankful for this Forum - Thanks to all who run it :thumbsup:
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:15 pm

Reports will vary with the time of year so don't expect the level of reports in winter as opposed to summer, some of us old boy's don't handle the cold well as we once did, most of my reports are from spring onwards ... as many on here do, this site craps all over other forums and faceache social media, this is the go to place for fishing info. It's not full on all year round just like fishing is seasonal.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Thetunaslayer

Post by Thetunaslayer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:45 pm

rb85 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:Fishing Victoria has been a fantastic resource for me (some great characters on here as well)..hopefully picks up again when people start coming out of hibernation.
Not a fan of Facebook, but Instagram is growing on me.....haven't bought a magazine in quite some time.
Looking forward to seeing what Patrick Dangerfield and Aaron Habgood do with Reeladventures.com.au ....got the potential to be the next big thing for Victorian fishing if they keep at it.
Not a big fan of facebook even though I occasionally check out a few fishing groups. Too many lurkers tagging they mates in where fish are getting caught, too many sh*t fights and a lot of wannabe heroes.

Seems like with the evolution of social media theres a lot more aspiring pro anglers or self proclaimed guns Danger is jumping on board the bandwagon sucking up free boat's and other sponsorship and for what? Catching a few fish on guided tours and Charters. all show no substance.

Give me the scratchy CH31 productions any day or a show like fishing edge over a lot of the other product selling ventures out there.

Back to this site it's a good escape where you can talk a bit of fishing talk some crap occasionally go overboard but theres not a lot of self promotion or product pushing.
Yes its good that its not flogged with self promotion and products.nodody wants to read about that crap over a fishing report9

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:52 am

Totally disagree ,reds fishing adventures ( Aaron hopgood ) is a self made gun fisho.
Danger doess not proclaim to be a gun fisho ,( just has a strong interest)
Aaron n gwain Blakey started salt guide which is thriving....
Danger is more a host on podcast n Aaron the pro fisho...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:58 am

Is saltguide worth registration?

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:09 am

Kimtown wrote:Is saltguide worth registration?
I joined up at the start. I keep forgetting to check it but will in warmer months..
Dunno if your into getting g.p.s marks it is .
Plenty of vids on rigs,bait presentation ..ect
If your still learning ppb or wp bays then it's worthwhile.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”