Is this site becoming redundant?

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Is this site becoming redundant?

Post by Kimtown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:45 am

ratbag wrote:Its a great site for a whole lot of reasons
  • the banter is good
    lots of knowledge shared - just need to go looking for you want
    deals are put up from retailers across Melbs
    Bowl gets out & shares the mid week status
    Meptass gets out & shows us all how good Tas is
    there's more to fishing than bream Purple5
    the central vic guys catch a lotta carp & a few cod
    we're coming out of winter - a few more reports will start coming thru
    ask any question & you'll get lots of opinions
    Mods & crew do a great job managing the banter & content
    ..........& lots more

Compared to a few other sites, this one's pretty dam good & for a premium membership its dirt cheap value. Keep up the good works Mods. :a_goodjob:
I agree with everything mate, although I'm still somewhat relatively new here so I'm not sure what it was like on 'old vic fish' or whatever... I deleted Facebook a couple of years ago and resorted to this forum for my fishing chat fix. I think it's fine, heaps of great information available. When I went on my east coast trip in March plenty of people gave me some great advice and recommendations, in return I gave them some reports on the fish i caught (or lack of) on my trip. It was good fun and gave me a place to chat while I was on my lonesome.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:20 am

ratbag wrote:Its a great site for a whole lot of reasons
  • the banter is good
    lots of knowledge shared - just need to go looking for you want
    deals are put up from retailers across Melbs
    Bowl gets out & shares the mid week status
    Meptass gets out & shows us all how good Tas is
    there's more to fishing than bream Purple5
    the central vic guys catch a lotta carp & a few cod
    we're coming out of winter - a few more reports will start coming thru
    ask any question & you'll get lots of opinions
    Mods & crew do a great job managing the banter & content
    ..........& lots more

Compared to a few other sites, this one's pretty dam good & for a premium membership its dirt cheap value. Keep up the good works Mods. :a_goodjob:

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:00 am

Some of FB pages that have been popular over the years ,r having less n less reports and some bugger al...some of these pages have 4 thousand plus members..
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:37 pm

bowl wrote:Some of FB pages that have been popular over the years ,r having less n less reports and some bugger al...some of these pages have 4 thousand plus members..
90 mile and port welshpool were always good pages years ago when I was a Facebook warrior

Ppb and wpb pages were average. Dunno what they are like now. Probably worse. Facebook is ass

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:37 pm

Fishing Victoria has been a fantastic resource for me (some great characters on here as well)..hopefully picks up again when people start coming out of hibernation.
Not a fan of Facebook, but Instagram is growing on me.....haven't bought a magazine in quite some time.
Looking forward to seeing what Patrick Dangerfield and Aaron Habgood do with Reeladventures.com.au ....got the potential to be the next big thing for Victorian fishing if they keep at it.

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:07 pm

I am on 8 fishing forums, 3 of them are about dead with no activity the last few months, some of the others are trickling along and this one and another big one in south africa is still pretty active, but slowing down.
FB I'm only on for fishing, having shut my private page down years ago. Some of it is useful, but not nearly as comprehensive information as the forums imho.
There is lot of rubbish on FB, and people generally behave a lot worse than on the forums.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:55 pm

The stats don't seem to shabby ?

Topics per day: 7
Posts per day: 99
Users per day: 5
Topics per user: 1
Posts per user: 18
Posts per topic: 13
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:10 pm

Mattblack wrote:Fishing Victoria has been a fantastic resource for me (some great characters on here as well)..hopefully picks up again when people start coming out of hibernation.
Not a fan of Facebook, but Instagram is growing on me.....haven't bought a magazine in quite some time.
Looking forward to seeing what Patrick Dangerfield and Aaron Habgood do with Reeladventures.com.au ....got the potential to be the next big thing for Victorian fishing if they keep at it.
Just had a squiz at that site. Is Danger as cringe on his fishing podcasts as he is in the footy media?

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:26 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:Fishing Victoria has been a fantastic resource for me (some great characters on here as well)..hopefully picks up again when people start coming out of hibernation.
Just had a squiz at that site. Is Danger as cringe on his fishing podcasts as he is in the footy media?
I find him quite endearing for a millennial....think the whole fishing scene will benefit from some young blood being injected into it...time for a changing of the guard...stay woke

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
I find him quite endearing for a millennial....think the whole fishing scene will benefit from some young blood being injected into it...time for a changing of the guard...stay woke
Oh good lawd :rofl:

Cats supporter for sure

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”