Is this site becoming redundant?

Fishing Victoria is always open to suggestions to improve the forums for you.
Post any questions, bugs, suggestions and feedback about the site here.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Is this site becoming redundant?

Post by rb85 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:51 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:58 am
Is saltguide worth registration?
Had a bit of correspondence with a subscriber to saltguide and am getting more and more irate with the posting of GPS marks bull etc. Ok people may need help to learn how to catch species etc no worries teach them how but to post GPS marks so locations will now get packed thats disrespectful to other anglers who have fished the areas to years. Hope the cash is worth it Gawaine I remember when he was on think big complaining about people fishing ontop him so now he's happily sharing offshore marks and marks in the bay which increase the amount of boats at any given time.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:43 pm

bowl wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:09 am
Kimtown wrote:
I joined up at the start.
Dunno if your into getting g.p.s marks it is .
rb85 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:51 pm

Had a bit of correspondence with a subscriber to saltguide and am getting more and more irate with the posting of GPS marks b******* etc.

Ok people may need help to learn how to catch species etc no worries teach them how but to post GPS marks so locations will now get packed thats disrespectful to other anglers who have fished the areas to years.

Hope the cash is worth it Gawaine

I remember when he was on think big complaining about people fishing ontop him , , , ,so now he's happily sharing offshore marks and marks in the bay which increase the amount of boats at any given time.

I just checked the site Saltguide out , , , , it's not for me. Seems the Site is ego driven (irrelevant of how helpful he is)

I never , , , , never take GPS marks, even from mates, for many reasons, this being one of them. If you want, just tell me what area/part of the ocean and I shall find my own spots :) BUT I am happy to share my GPS Marks (with people I know) because they ARE mine and no one else's, so no-one can get upset.

Lastly "Hope the cash is worth it Gawaine" , , , , he would have saved some money "acquiring" his Bait Pump Strainer , , , , a Bunnings Shopping Basket. Not sure how he "acquired" it but I don't think they sell them.

Bunnings Basket.PNG

That photo is enough for me to say , , , , You are not for me.

Cheers, Bugatti
European Cars have standards

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:30 pm

rb85 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Had a bit of correspondence with a subscriber to saltguide and am getting more and more irate with the posting of GPS marks b******* etc. Ok people may need help to learn how to catch species etc no worries teach them how but to post GPS marks so locations will now get packed thats disrespectful to other anglers who have fished the areas to years. Hope the cash is worth it Gawaine I remember when he was on think big complaining about people fishing ontop him so now he's happily sharing offshore marks and marks in the bay which increase the amount of boats at any given time.
When I first saw that app (I think there was another one called fishbrain or something?) and it needed my location turned on to post any pic of any catch I immediately assumed that data would be used or sold for something.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:33 pm

Also re the forum. There is no way I would ever post some of the discussion on FB that I post on here. As much flak as they get sometimes the mods generally do an acceptable job of weeding out the trolls and f$ckwits that seem to inhabit the rest of the internet. Also, while I am in no way unfindable, I much prefer someone not being able to click on my profile and see where I work / train / partner lives etc when people get bent out of shape about nothing. Although Dougiek is my real name and I talk about the rest of my life fairly openly on here, I feel like the modicum of anonymity gives me a feeling of safety.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:40 pm

hornet wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:26 pm
" Now to somehow turn them views into posts and reports."

Won't happen, these people are only interested in locations, no interaction or anything to do with any benefit to this site, purely selfish motives, I don't blame members hesitant to mention locations where they have done well.
that's why reports with or without locations should be put in the subscribers only forum imo

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:26 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:40 pm
hornet wrote:

Won't happen, these people are only interested in locations, no interaction or anything to do with any benefit to this site, purely selfish motives, I don't blame members hesitant to mention locations where they have done well.
that's why reports with or without locations should be put in the subscribers only forum imo
There is nothing stopping VIP members from posting in the section.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:26 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:40 pm
hornet wrote:

Premium members section ...fair call
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:59 pm

DougieK wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:30 pm
rb85 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Had a bit of correspondence with a subscriber to saltguide and am getting more and more irate with the posting of GPS marks b******* etc. Ok people may need help to learn how to catch species etc no worries teach them how but to post GPS marks so locations will now get packed thats disrespectful to other anglers who have fished the areas to years. Hope the cash is worth it Gawaine I remember when he was on think big complaining about people fishing ontop him so now he's happily sharing offshore marks and marks in the bay which increase the amount of boats at any given time.
When I first saw that app (I think there was another one called fishbrain or something?) and it needed my location turned on to post any pic of any catch I immediately assumed that data would be used or sold for something.
Smart move don't think you require an app dougie you manage to catch plenty of fish.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:43 pm
bowl wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:09 am
Kimtown wrote:
I joined up at the start.
Dunno if your into getting g.p.s marks it is .
rb85 wrote:

Had a bit of correspondence with a subscriber to saltguide and am getting more and more irate with the posting of GPS marks b******* etc.

Ok people may need help to learn how to catch species etc no worries teach them how but to post GPS marks so locations will now get packed thats disrespectful to other anglers who have fished the areas to years.

Hope the cash is worth it Gawaine

I remember when he was on think big complaining about people fishing ontop him , , , ,so now he's happily sharing offshore marks and marks in the bay which increase the amount of boats at any given time.

I just checked the site Saltguide out , , , , it's not for me. Seems the Site is ego driven (irrelevant of how helpful he is)

I never , , , , never take GPS marks, even from mates, for many reasons, this being one of them. If you want, just tell me what area/part of the ocean and I shall find my own spots :) BUT I am happy to share my GPS Marks (with people I know) because they ARE mine and no one else's, so no-one can get upset.

Lastly "Hope the cash is worth it Gawaine" , , , , he would have saved some money "acquiring" his Bait Pump Strainer , , , , a Bunnings Shopping Basket. Not sure how he "acquired" it but I don't think they sell them.

Bunnings Basket.PNG

That photo is enough for me to say , , , , You are not for me.

Cheers, Bugatti
European Cars have standards
Bugatti I am the same with you when it comes to GPS marks
Think your on the money about it being EGO driven mate.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:44 pm

salt guide has seen a potential in the new age fishing market and have run with it, cant be sour with them for trying to cash in. but quite a few of the Pros would not be happy with this id imagine.
and no Im not a member there, ive been give some marks from them and i havent had the time to even look at it
people who are willing to spend the money to get those marks will make an effort to fish them i guess.
as they themselves have mentioned, finding the spot is one thing, getting fish off the mark is another whole story, with time, tide and many other factors influencing the outcome..
No bream marks, tips or tricks so im not interested, i am however interested in the squid side of things as i am chasing a trophy calamari for a bit of fun. so will see how things pan out in that regards..

ohh and in regards to the site becoming redundant..
many previous contributors have gone silent or left, for obvious reasons..

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”