Re: Back to the dark side

Post by matt1991 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:40 am

awesome gummy

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Cheers everyone!
Rod Bender wrote:Great report as usual Broomstick! As you prefer lure fishing, is there no lures you could use in these conditions to target gummies etc or are they untargetable (new word) with lures.
cheers
Jim
Thanks Jim. I've never really heard of anyone targeting gummies with lures. Would be super cool though if you could
Flathead37 wrote:Ah gummy fishing, weed, rays, bite offs , it's all a pain in the arse until that rod doubles over and you get that first one up on the beach. Then you can't stop going again and again .Long tail? Maybe Thresher shark ? Well done lads Dog looks happy haha
Cheers mate. My first thought was thresher - it wouldn't be the first I've seen at that beach. But we didn't get a proper look at it. I'm telling myself it was just an excitable giller
Haygmbp wrote:Awesome as always. Well done on the gummy great looking fish and is equal to 15kg in a boat. Quick question. I know westernport can be a ****** landbased. I know u commented on the weed but how do you go holding bottom in your spot. Ive fished spots where a 6oz will almost be floating so ur restricted to upto 2 hrs fishing period (slack tide) which ideally isnt my thing seeing as your basically writing off the whole day for it.
Cheers mate, never needed more than a 6 ounce sinker to hold bottom at this spot

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:47 pm

Cracking report as always Broomstick! Very nice sized gummy from the beach! Looks like you guys had a great night out! :)
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

jsonh

Post by jsonh » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Awesome report mate :), I'm still trying to perfect my salmon fishing first before I move up to the more professional gummy ranks. I'm trying to at least come home with a feed 50% of the time lol.
Plus I'm too scared of fishing at night by myself Hahaha, none of my mates are really into fishing or they're too soft to brave the Winter weather, I'll stick to the daylight surf fishing until I can catch enough salmon to have left overs for gummy bait.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Great read.mmnice fishing

Bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:03 pm

jsonh wrote:Awesome report mate :), I'm still trying to perfect my salmon fishing first before I move up to the more professional gummy ranks. I'm trying to at least come home with a feed 50% of the time lol.
Plus I'm too scared of fishing at night by myself Hahaha, none of my mates are really into fishing or they're too soft to brave the Winter weather, I'll stick to the daylight surf fishing until I can catch enough salmon to have left overs for gummy bait.
You'll be fine, I'm living proof you don't need to be any good at fishing to catch gummies. If you can't catch a salmon to use as bait just grab some gars from the market or something. I do most of my fishing at night and have never felt unsafe. You'll more than likely have a knife on you anyway :bat:
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”