Corinella land based tips

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Corinella land based tips

Post by greggo » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:56 pm

You could always head to the Powlett River for some good landbased action; Bream, EP's etc.. Or go the other way and fish Warneet Pier and channel, Blades go really well there.

MasterBaiter24
Has liked: 36 times

Post by MasterBaiter24 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:47 pm

4liters wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:12 pm
There's stuff all tide flow down there. Have a look at the Navionics web app, most of the current follows the channel west towards Cowes and the rest of that area has light currents.

I don't really fish landbased with plastics, purple will know more about that. I use an egi rod if that helps. You might get whiting on little prawn or creature plastics.

Prawn is a great bait for whiting around there, there's also heaps of nippers around if you feel like collecting your own bait.

6-8kg is fine for the size gummies you'd get around there, I assume this is a surf rod you're talking about. 15lb is a bit lighter than what I'd use but doable, just use a long leader of 50lb and be prepared to break off if you hook some of WPB's lovely bycatch.
Ah right, thanks. So I just Wade around coronet bay flicking around plastics and I should pick up some flatties, and maybe ting as well if I use prawns?

jono
Has liked: 1 time

Post by jono » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:28 am

4liters wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:07 pm
I've fished around there a fair bit on the kayak and never done too well on the flatties. A couple of just legal ones, but that's about it. You might pick a few up flicking plastics around the beach at Coronet bay or Reef Island if you don't mind a little drive.
Just came across this thread, and apologies if this is OT.

I'm planning to stay @ the Corinella Caravan Park for a couple of nights and was just looking at the LB spots. But, I now have the option of taking my kayak along. Just wanted to ask - where to launch the yak and where abouts to anchor? I understand WP is very tidal and I don't know the area too well - so I don't want to venture out too far.
Cheers!

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:53 pm

There’s the boat ramp or the barge landing in corinella itself or you could drive down to Coronet Bay. Anchor in the channels if launching from Corinella, look for sand holes or drop off around Coronet Bay. Coronet Bay is less tidal although I never had any issues anchoring at Corinella and have anchored over the barge hole on one occasion. Just depends on what gear you have and level of experience.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:35 pm

Ozfish did a couple of episodes down there in season 2. You should be able to find it on facetube.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”