CarlG wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Get used to it. Silly season is just around the corner
What he said.
I just hope it's not anyone on here.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Courtesy.

Post by Nude up » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:17 am

this time of the year is really bad for this problem people are desperate to catch a snapper if we get on to them we don't use the radio to call our mates in telephone instead and if hooked up and a boat goes past we drop the rod and stop playing the fish. Nothing worse though than burleying a spot the someone anchors right on top of you. But for me the worse thing is idiots that travel at speed close to you when anchored.
When someone anchors close to me I let them get settled then up anchor and take off like a bat out of hell going around them works a treat.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:26 am

I'd never, ever fish a mark near where popular reports have mentioned. Plenty of better things to worry about than some idiot running over your lines before dropping the anchor on your baits

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:37 am

cobby wrote:I'd never, ever fish a mark near where popular reports have mentioned. Plenty of better things to worry about than some idiot running over your lines before dropping the anchor on your baits
I am with you I don't join big groups of boats I like to find fish elsewhere and not get wound up some days catching a fish is a bonus

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:06 am

The speeding within 50mtrs is not cool and against the law for good reasons. As for people anchoring/fishing close to me, well that's fine. the more baits and burley in the water the better. You see it on charter boats, if there is only a small number fishing then it is harder to keep the fish biting. When there is a crowd and the fish come on they go into a feeding frenzy. Think of snapper as the seagulls of the ocean. If you are sitting at the beach eating chips, one or two seagulls show up if you feed them a few more turn up. But if there are ten people all throwing chips before you can blink there are hundred of seagulls. If someone was sitting 100 mtrs from me it wouldn't concern me at all and if I was getting an odd fish I would tell them to come closer. I have had friends tied on 10 mtrs of rope of my stern to share an anchor. Both of us were catching fish.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:01 pm

re-tyred wrote:The speeding within 50mtrs is not cool and against the law for good reasons. As for people anchoring/fishing close to me, well that's fine. the more baits and burley in the water the better. You see it on charter boats, if there is only a small number fishing then it is harder to keep the fish biting. When there is a crowd and the fish come on they go into a feeding frenzy. Think of snapper as the seagulls of the ocean. If you are sitting at the beach eating chips, one or two seagulls show up if you feed them a few more turn up. But if there are ten people all throwing chips before you can blink there are hundred of seagulls. If someone was sitting 100 mtrs from me it wouldn't concern me at all and if I was getting an odd fish I would tell them to come closer. I have had friends tied on 10 mtrs of rope of my stern to share an anchor. Both of us were catching fish.
I don't mind mates fishing along side me we call each other in to where they are biting, but a lot of people have no care or respect for you or your boat. Example in westernport I am with a group of 6 boats all guys from work a guy comes drops anchor he is getting nothing he decides to move he drives off on an angle he is retrieving his anchor using a float he is not lookig drags his anchor rope over my bow my mate fends the rope off then the chain appears the other guys see whats happening and are screaming at him luckily he cottons on turns away from me no apology nothing I am still looking for that 2 tone brown early model streaker 585.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:03 pm

rb85 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
purple5ive wrote:Get used to it. Silly season is just around the corner
What he said.
I just hope it's not anyone on here.
Lol whys that .
Speeding close to other boats is crap,

Anchoring close,well that's part of fishing in 2017

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Nude up wrote:
cobby wrote:I'd never, ever fish a mark near where popular reports have mentioned. Plenty of better things to worry about than some idiot running over your lines before dropping the anchor on your baits
I am with you I don't join big groups of boats I like to find fish elsewhere and not get wound up some days catching a fish is a bonus
I try to do the same it's when the groups congregate around you because you have been at anchor that it's frustrating.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Nude up wrote:this time of the year is really bad for this problem people are desperate to catch a snapper if we get on to them we don't use the radio to call our mates in telephone instead and if hooked up and a boat goes past we drop the rod and stop playing the fish. Nothing worse though than burleying a spot the someone anchors right on top of you. But for me the worse thing is idiots that travel at speed close to you when anchored.
When someone anchors close to me I let them get settled then up anchor and take off like a bat out of hell going around them works a treat.
A boat load was looking at me bemused when I done just
Today.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Nude up wrote:
re-tyred wrote:The speeding within 50mtrs is not cool and against the law for good reasons. As for people anchoring/fishing close to me, well that's fine. the more baits and burley in the water the better. You see it on charter boats, if there is only a small number fishing then it is harder to keep the fish biting. When there is a crowd and the fish come on they go into a feeding frenzy. Think of snapper as the seagulls of the ocean. If you are sitting at the beach eating chips, one or two seagulls show up if you feed them a few more turn up. But if there are ten people all throwing chips before you can blink there are hundred of seagulls. If someone was sitting 100 mtrs from me it wouldn't concern me at all and if I was getting an odd fish I would tell them to come closer. I have had friends tied on 10 mtrs of rope of my stern to share an anchor. Both of us were catching fish.
I don't mind mates fishing along side me we call each other in to where they are biting, but a lot of people have no care or respect for you or your boat. Example in westernport I am with a group of 6 boats all guys from work a guy comes drops anchor he is getting nothing he decides to move he drives off on an angle he is retrieving his anchor using a float he is not lookig drags his anchor rope over my bow my mate fends the rope off then the chain appears the other guys see whats happening and are screaming at him luckily he cottons on turns away from me no apology nothing I am still looking for that 2 tone brown early model streaker 585.
It's different when it's mate. Would have loved to have cut his rope.

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”