BCF robbery

cantcatchem

Re: BCF robbery

Post by cantcatchem » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:02 am

Could be the only chance I get of getiing a Terez at an affordable price, I certainly will be keeping my eyes open, lol, nah, just kidding

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:33 am

smile0784 wrote:
Tim399 wrote:25k worth of reels... bcf probably lost 4k worth of stock lol still low lifes though
Your probably correct
Woth the mark up on the reels the value of 25k was sale price not stock item price
You're looking at 6-20odd% markup if it's glass cabinet expensive stuff. Which if you do the maths isn't all that much. Not like they sell out everything from the cabinets every week

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:42 am

I thought mark up would be higher on high end items

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:32 pm

phil1818 wrote: I ended up catching the pr*ck myself as he drove past me 3 days later with my trailer on the back! I chased him into a dead end street and he dumped the car and ran, got the trailer but it had been completely stripped.
You got to be effing serious!! Sound like a scene from the Dumb and Dumber movie!!! Sometimes you wonder if there's any thing between the ears of these PeeAreSeeKay!!!

Hope your insurance company came to the party and made the process not that much more painful for you.

A similar incident happened to Compleat Angler Dandenong store too. They came in and cleared out the expensive displayed reels within 10 mins before the cops could even drag themselves there. Sad predicament for our society when a brazen burglary happened in the broad daylight and in your driveway - and regularly too!!!

And yes - agreed with Cobby there. The mark up for these high end reels are not what most of us would like to assume. These expensive items probably bring more headaches to the retailer than the rest of their other stocks - more stock holding costs, low margin, low turnover, extra services and as indicated here - more risks to them actually being targeted by crooked minded individuals.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Popped into the Dandy complete angler the morning after staff were devastated.

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:05 pm

I thought you got ripped off for a second!

Nasty stuff; in some countries they'd have their hands surgically removed for this ****...

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:15 pm

smile0784 wrote:I thought mark up would be higher on high end items
Far from it as a percentage. Voodoo said it all. To sell one Saltiga/Stella a month is basically a bonus. Higher mark up items are things that move high volumes of stock. It's the same in all retail space including supermarkets

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 pm

smile0784 wrote:I thought mark up would be higher on high end items
Nah, the markup on stuff over $500 will only be about $5-10%. Your braid snips and other cheap stuff would be marked up 40-60%
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Tim399 wrote:25k worth of reels... bcf probably lost 4k worth of stock lol still low lifes though
True.....so true

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:20 pm

phil1818 wrote:The bit that sh*ts me the most is the cops don’t give a rats arse, they know the company has insurance so they don’t bother! Thing is next time these pricks will rob a house or steal someone’s boat because they know they will get away with it.. last year I had my tradesmens trailer stolen right out of my driveway in the middle of the day while I was inside!! $20k worth of tools all gone and the cops first question was “was it insured” soon as I said yes they basically said all good catch ya later.. I lost a heap of sentimental tools that were handed down to me which cannot be replaced plus lost 3 weeks of work so no income.. I ended up catching the pr*ck myself as he drove past me 3 days later with my trailer on the back! I chased him into a dead end street and he dumped the car and ran, got the trailer but it had been completely stripped.

Cops eventually caught up with him and said “yeh we know this guy well his been doing it for years” never seen the inside of a cell!!! Was all over the news!

Rant over
Lucky for the guy that it was you who chased him. 20 k of tools stolen... not many people i know would run for a trailer. They would get the bloke first. ..

Return to “Western Port Bay Fishing Reports”